**Cap City 2019 Thread**

str8cashhomie

Jun 15, 2014
Draft is tomorrow, should be a fun summer with all the newcomers to the roster. Guessing the FIBA team could be a conflict for Haliburton, but otherwise, with 2 max per team, that still leaves you have a full leagues worth of scholarship guys for ISU.

Which begs the question, with Haliburton probably overseas with U19, what's your mocks look like?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Maybe Nixon? He seems like a gunner who might do well in that league

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
What ever happened to Prohm's dislike of the Cap City League? At some point, I thought he wanted to have his own Iowa State league in Ames. Did the players really want it? Did the CCL coaches convince him? Does he actually like it now?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
What ever happened to Prohm's dislike of the Cap City League? At some point, I thought he wanted to have his own Iowa State league in Ames. Did the players really want it? Did the CCL coaches convince him? Does he actually like it now?

I think Prohm realizes, if nothing else, there is good PR value in having his guys playing for and interacting with the fans in Des Moines.

And while you can't determine for sure how good a guy will be based on Cap City performance, you can tell if someone has the athleticism to play at the high D1 level. Will be interesting to see how this year's new guys stack up.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I think Prohm realizes, if nothing else, there is good PR value in having his guys playing for and interacting with the fans in Des Moines.

And while you can't determine for sure how good a guy will be based on Cap City performance, you can tell if someone has the athleticism to play at the high D1 level. Will be interesting to see how this year's new guys stack up.

Dominating Cap City doesn’t always translate to Big 12 success but I dont know if there’s ever been a player that’s sucked in cap city and then actually contributed at ISU.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Yeah, I agree that at the end of the day Cap City provides more of a PR benefit than a basketball benefit. The actual basketball is just glorified scrimmages, but it's a great opportunity for fans (read: younger kids) to see the players up close, interact with the players, get autographs etc.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Not sure why anyone cares cause the cap city league is a glorified pick up game and you can’t make any judgment of players based on how they l
giphy.gif

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was his first year here he stated our players wouldn’t be participating anymore.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Bolton and Leech could be a dangerous duo in this.

I like Anderson and Nixon together, Jackson and Conditt should be a nice team as well.

Reactions: isutrevman