Cyclones set on adding immediate impact guard with final roster spot

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
All of this is true. However, he's the only guy who has proven to be able to get his own shot AT ALL on this team.
Sounds like we may be mostly on the same page re: LW. As far as others who can step up, that's what growth is all about from one year to the next, and there are also recruits. I expect TH to significantly improve on this front (lots of room for that, as he basically drove so he could pass last year) and, as someone else noted, Nixon may be an option (seems possible, but we'll have to see). Of the recruits, Leech and Jackson definitely have some possibilities on this front - not saying they'd be handling the ball as much as LW, but they could probably do it some.

Btw, I see a few folks saying they'd rather have Bolton than LW. Setting aside that it'd presumably be great to have both, and noting that I haven't seen any of Bolton, it seems like some are vastly underestimating what LW can bring to the team - and did in games last year (not all, of course). I have no idea if there's any chance he'd be back, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Sounds like we may be mostly on the same page re: LW. As far as others who can step up, that's what growth is all about from one year to the next, and there are also recruits. I expect TH to significantly improve on this front (lots of room for that, as he basically drove so he could pass last year) and, as someone else noted, Nixon may be an option (seems possible, but we'll have to see). Of the recruits, Leech and Jackson definitely have some possibilities on this front - not saying they'd be handling the ball as much as LW, but they could probably do it some.

Btw, I see a few folks saying they'd rather have Bolton than LW. Setting aside that it'd presumably be great to have both, and noting that I haven't seen any of Bolton, it seems like some are vastly underestimating what LW can bring to the team - and did in games last year (not all, of course). I have no idea if there's any chance he'd be back, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Good post.

There is nobody we can add for next year -- including Horton-Tucker and Bolton, and especially with Tucker off to Memphis -- that moves the needle as much as Wigginton. We are not going to find anybody else with his combination of experience, familiarity with the team and the program, athleticism, shooting/spacing, and talent the rest of the spring.

It would be like adding a first-team all-Big 12 player. It would be like having Shayok back.

If he wants to play for a paycheck, then I wish him nothing but the best of luck and hopes he makes the NBA, but he really would tie the whole roster together nicely.