2019 Wrestling Nationals

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I could probably write a mini novel but I'll spare everybody and sum it up short and sweet. I had a lot of fun watching these guys this year and it's just going to get better every year. Our guys showed a lot of fight on the mat this season and I have no doubt they will do what they have to do to get better between now and November. Getting Willie for this year was huge but keeping him around is going to have a major positive impact long term imo. Last but definitely not least, thank god we got Dresser. I knew he would get us turned around but never dreamed we would be where we are after year 2. Our climb to the top is going to be a fun ride and might be shorter than any of us expected.

Nov 11, 2011
Watching the finals tonight and curious how many of the challenges get changed? Has to be a very small percentage. I haven't seen any yet and the system should be changed. I mean how many officials will review their call and and have the guts to say they were wrong - particularly in the championships. They missed the Yanni D take down and it cost the Ohio State wrestler.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Watching the finals tonight and curious how many of the challenges get changed? Has to be a very small percentage. I haven't seen any yet and the system should be changed. I mean how many officials will review their call and and have the guts to say they were wrong - particularly in the championships. They missed the Yanni D take down and it cost the Ohio State wrestler.

Agree. They need to have a ref dedicated to reviews who doesn't make the calls. Then they need to change the rules for leg riding. Could easily kill the sport.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
UNI's Foster nat'l champ at 184. Looking back at this season, Colbray beat him in Cedar Falls about a month ago.

Reactions: Htowncyfan

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Definitely a lot of room for improvement. Overall I don’t seem to be as impressed as many over the last year or two. We looked weak and not as strong as before the dresser era. Wrestling has improved we don’t look as strong and explosive... just a thought. I knew their strength coach in college and based on what I’ve seen this year throughout the season, they need to rely on him a lot more. Pace and fight have improved but our guys don’t look as strong and powerful as they have in the past. Overall the tournament went well but if we’re going to compete with the teams out here on the east coast we’ve got to use the resourses we have.
Lol.

• Funny
Reactions: cynile and jkbuff98

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Definitely a lot of room for improvement. Overall I don’t seem to be as impressed as many over the last year or two. We looked weak and not as strong as before the dresser era. Wrestling has improved we don’t look as strong and explosive... just a thought. I knew their strength coach in college and based on what I’ve seen this year throughout the season, they need to rely on him a lot more. Pace and fight have improved but our guys don’t look as strong and powerful as they have in the past. Overall the tournament went well but if we’re going to compete with the teams out here on the east coast we’ve got to use the resourses we have.

I would disagree with this. We look much stronger and in better shape than KJs era. Our team is also basically all freshmen and sophomores so they are only going to get stronger

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009

Oh, hey Kevin.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Rumor that I had floated to me from someone who isn’t 100% linked but usually has had some solid info mentioned Gross and Penn state getting friendly. Gotta think something like that, plus Conel could put them in the drivers seat for 2020.

I heard the same. Also heard right along with this that Bono is going to be let go or "resign" due to some funny business he's been part of at WI. I hope it's not true. Take it for what it's worth.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Lol good to see the Jackson family posting again...NOT!

Big step forward this year. More to come!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You have what I have. I hope it's BS. I hate to see crap like that. I will happily own up if my info is wrong.

Wasn’t the Barry Davis firing a little heated? Wonder if there were issues waiting for whoever took over. Knowing Bono can definitely step in crap without thinking, There are probably things he gave them to blow up.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Connor Brown who transferred there from SDSU with Bono left mid to late season , seemed like a strange deal wonder if that has anything to do with it or contact with Gross.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron