General NCAA WBB Tourney Thread

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Saw MS beat Drake a month ago - they are a very rough physical team. Expect to get beat up.

Mo. State did not look overly physical today, just good, against DePaul.

Against us I hope Mo. State plays "clean physical" for the sake of the game. Baylor is a pretty "clean physical" team and we hung with them for 38 minutes.

If Mo. State is "physical dirty," I think it will work against them if the game is called in a reasonable way. As, we are a good FT shooting team and can hit somewhat when being bumped around in play. Iowa State is not know for turning the ball over under pressure a lot, or for poor ball handling, or bad passing decisions.

Should be fun!

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My thoughts from today's games. The Mo. St.- Depaul game was entertaining saw 3/4 of it Depaul was down by 10 and it stayed right in that range the rest of the game. Entertaining but Depaul could never get over the hump.

The sisters had a fine game everyone got to play and score Bridgett even got to rest some in the 3rd and if she played in the 4th it was only for a few minutes. Mo St shot really well in their game over 50% from the field and 3 and 90% free throws if I remember right. Hopefully our D will bring that down some Mon nite.

Attendance was solid probably best attended game of the season, I would say 9,000+ maybe 10,000 but not sure about that. The pep rally was well attended the big ballroom of the Alumni Center was clear full and that was before the band and players came.

The atmosphere was outstanding, large enthusiastic crowd great game hopefully the team picked up some fans for next yr.

Well on to Mon!!

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
One more quick note Mo St. easily had the 2nd most fans they traveled very well. Their pep band was rowdy, loud and a lot of fun to listen to and watch.

I know BU won @geewago how was the rest of the wkend?

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The attendance listed for our game last night was 6500, which seems about right. Had guessed 7500, but I always forget they don't have the arena circle seating on the south side of the court available for NCAA tournament games and GA tickets for the balcony kept people spread apart a little more than if they'd been reserved seats. But still, a really great and vocal crowd.

I saw that TOE had 10,700 for their near-loss to Mercer. Must have been a "buy one, get 5 free" promotion. :rolleyes: Go Tigers.

But seeing that many fans in Hilton for a game in March made me think of the good old days when we held 1st and 2nd round tournament attendance records. 13,600 for St. Francis (PA) and 13,400 for Illinois in 2000 (which have long since been broken, but still incredible numbers for a program that was one of the absolute worst in the nation just six years earlier...).

Kind of weird that the 2nd round games in this state are Missouri at Iowa and Missouri State at Iowa State.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sorry about my overestimating, lower bowl was full and a fair # in the balcony. Ooops.:oops:
Atmosphere was still great though.

Reactions: Buster28

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Humble brag about your fine seats? :rolleyes:

Naw actually not as good as my season tkts (not so humble brag) good enough though free throw line and row 9.

Back to Buster's post of attendance, man we have a lot of season ticket holders disguised as open seats for most games.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Naw actually not as good as my season tkts (not so humble brag) good enough though free throw line and row 9.

Back to Buster's post of attendance, man we have a lot of season ticket holders disguised as open seats for most games.

I'll be sitting in the upper deck and wistfully eying empty lower levels on Monday. ;)