General NCAA WBB Tourney Thread

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Thought I'd start a general WBB tourney thread. Thoughts, picks, game results whatever people want to put in here.

In my bracket had the Sisters in the Elite 8 losing to Notre Dame. The lady Bears winning it all. Hope I'm wrong and we get another crack at BU in the Finals.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I found it interesting that Drake got sent to Iowa City as a 10. I'm not sure if I think Missouri or Drake might have a better shot at sending Bluder to another 2nd round loss. Not that I care for any of those three coaches, but it would be great to see either Mizzou or Drake advance over TOE.

I kind of like our bracket, but we have to show up for everything, as those who remember 2002 know. Win or lose, you can't deny that it's been a fun season.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Boooooo... Iowa wins 66-61. They nearly became the first 2 seed to ever lose to a 15 on the women's side. Too bad history wasn't made. Hopefully Drake or Misery can get the job done on Sunday.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Sure looks like K-State is going home soon. 71-41 Michigan, with 8:18 in 4th quarter. Ouch.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Rice and Marquette going to OT, tied at 52. This is the 5/12 game. Rice had their final shot bounce off the rim with 0.6 seconds left in regulation.

(edit to add) Marquette avoids the upset with a blistering 6-2 scoring run in OT.

Kansas State loses by 30 to Michigan, sending both Mildcat teams home on the first day.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
That foul call that allowed Mizzou to take the lead at the end of the game was horrible. Drake still got a look that you would take every time. If that had gone to another OT Mizzou was toast.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Big 12 really letting it's presence be known today. KST lays an ostrich omelet and TX literally gives the game away to a team that really didn't seem to want it.

Meanwhile BoxterCy your old Minnesota coach is cleaning house in Lubbock. Erin Grant is fired. Tidwell left. Both seemed to be pretty respected in Dalls and San Antonio HS coaching circles. Four players are transferring. So is this for the better or the worse.

Sherri Coale meanwhile cans two of her coaches but not the one she should have (her son). And of course Pellington transfers. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I was wanting Drake to win so we could see another Iowa v Drake game and Drake win. The last play when the best player on Drake made the big mistake and jumped into the shooter was a killer. It seems that maybe Drake peaked to early with losing the last two games.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Really? The Drake girl hit her arm, jumped into her and got body as well. Only thing she didn’t do was kick her in the knee.

@acoustimac, I didn't see the play at all but the way you described it just made me LOL. Hopefully we can all be celebrating a cyclone victory around 6:30 tonight.

• Funny
Reactions: acoustimac

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
After last night, only game I'm watching today is the Sisters. Will be fun to watch a game where the players on the court rarely, if ever, resort to hero ball. And, if something isn't working, the coach will make the appropriate adjustments before it's too late.

• Agree
Reactions: acoustimac