Lard

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
That’s a crazy argument Jacobson was horrendous from three. Solo is stronger and more athletic and it isn’t even close.

Michael went through a bad stretch, but 34% is hardly horrendous.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
"Wahh, someone is challenging me on my completely unjustified speculation of a player's potential improvement and total disrespect of another."

Jacobson scored in double figures 19 times this season and rebounded in double figures 6 times. Solo has been in double figures 10 and 4 times respectively for his *entire career.* Get a grip
That’s a dumb comparison solo barely played this year.. and in the years past prohm had a stupid philosophy of bigs being there only to rebound.. it took that first team half a year to finally pass it to a wide open cutting solo.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Jacobson shot 34% from three this season. Its almost like everyone ripping on MJ never watched a game
As you mentioned, Jacobson is likely the starter if using the starter designation for which player on average is better. Jacobson was better than Lard this year and slightly better than what we’ve seen from Young. He’s not an every matchup guy, but neither are Lard or Young.

I think Jacobson and Young work better as a combination better than Lard and Young. Plus, Lard fouls so often that starting him is risky. Conditt and even Anderson have opportunities to move past these guys, too.

• Creative
Reactions: Urbandale2013

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I will be very surprised if Lard is back at ISU next year. Just seems like this has played out as far as its going to and he will leave for what he hopes is greener pastures. I hope I am wrong, but its hard to see him returning. I have no inside info, just looking at the situation from the cheap seats.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
starting at conference play to the end of the season 27% from three.
Why did you reference a 5 man hitting open 3s as a bad thing. You want your center taking well defend threes?

27% isn’t good, but we’ve had similar from positions in which shooting 3Ps is likely more important. He really stopped looking for it, and the sample size was low.

-Nader as a junior made 25% in conference play, 28% overall
-Hogue made only 8 3Ps in conference play as a junior, shooting 30%
-Morris as a freshman shot 28% on 3Ps, making 10
-Georges shot 30% in conference play in 2013-14

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Only .182 from 3 after conference play started conference play.
But not including Ole Miss and the 4 tournament games.

It was 4/22. That’s a small sample. If he makes 3 more his percentage is better than several Cyclones that have played significant roles at the 1-4 spots.

Imo potentially Jacobson, Young, and Conditt could all space the floor well enough. Particularly Jacobson.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Didn't read the whole thread but Cam has huge upside. It would be good if he could go to a big man camp to work on his game and learn how to defend without fouling, set better screens, etc. Hope he stays and makes good life decisions going forward.

leschmick1785

Jul 12, 2013
How long did he go in big 12 play going 0-? And then He hit a few wide open 3s to end the season.

MovingTheGoalposts.gif. You said something that the facts didn't bear out, and now you're changing the argument so you don't have to acknowledge your own ignorance

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Lard played his best game of his two year career last night, but it was only one game. He needs to be way more consistent in effort and play next year. He also needs to stop being a distraction. He has a high ceiling, but he needs to make significant improvements.

Your post is a great example of recency bias. Lard is good for 2 fouls a minute throughout the season until he has 1 semi complete game and he's a first rounder. I LOVE this place!!!!!!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
When you need a beast to body up and not take any **** down in the post make sure you bring your own junkyard dog. We got ours.

I loved watching him not take anything from the crap Ohio State gave him. Twice, at minimum, he was hit with an elbow to the face and he still battled like a spartan in 300 taking names and kicking ass. I'm so glad for Cam to come full circle this season. For all the haters and doubters, Cam is a beast and can't wait to see more of him in the Cardinal and yellow.

That is all...
Thank you for your post. I too thought Cam was a Beast when in there. I hope he continues to make strides with whatever demons he is fighting. We all have our troubles, things to work on. I like Cam and look forward to seeing him next year.

Reactions: SpokaneCY

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Jacobson shot 34% from three this season. Its almost like everyone ripping on MJ never watched a game

The kid epitomizes attitude and effort yet we want to bench him for a guy who couldn't stay on the court for more than a minute or 2 BUT FOR the last game of the season.

You have to build a team around something somewhat consistent and MJ, IMHO, is just that. Upside? No argument but potential plus $5.00 only gets you a coffee at Starbucks.

• Agree
Reactions: leschmick1785

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I will be very surprised if Lard is back at ISU.

Just from reading the same articles as everyone else this is my thoughts

Lard’s mom in very involved in his life. She wanted him to seek help and CSP assisted in getting him that help and keeping him on track. His mom, CSP and the staff from the wellness center are invested in this young man and will do all they can to support and encourage his success . keeping him in Ames is an important part of this plan.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Didn't read the whole thread but Cam has huge upside. It would be good if he could go to a big man camp to work on his game and learn how to defend without fouling, set better screens, etc. Hope he stays and makes good life decisions going forward.

Agree! I too hope Cam stays. Not only for basketball reasons, but I hope he has a great personal story to tell.

Help Support Us

Become a patron