Tulsa NCAA Tickets

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Surprised to see that there are a lot of reasonably priced tickets for Friday night in Tulsa. I also heard that ISU had not sold their entire allotment. Are fans waiting and hoping for KC?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Not overly surprised here.

This isn't KC and this isn't a bowl game so those numbers just aren't going to happen. We will still have the best turn out of all the schools there, I'm sure.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Surprised to see that there are a lot of reasonably priced tickets for Friday night in Tulsa. I also heard that ISU had not sold their entire allotment. Are fans waiting and hoping for KC?

I have a hard time believing that we haven't sold through our allotment, that wasn't very many tickets.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

I'm skipping since I just spent a lot in KC. I'm sure others are in the same boat. I know some fans made plans since we all expected to be in San Jose or some far off land.

K-State and KU fans bought a lot of the Tulsa tickets and I'm sure they are trying to unload those fast

Reactions: Nihawk

PAClone

Oct 25, 2014
Definitely do not overpay for Friday night tickets. I’ve been to several first rounds over the years (both ISU and others) and the last game of the night always empties out, especially after half time. My advice: Buy the cheapest ticket you can find and take your pick from all the empty seats in the first 10 rows

Reactions: coolmooinlou

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
I know a lot of people who are tired of getting burned, well not burned, but who have been pretty disappointed with tickets through the university for the last few events, especially the last few Big 12 tournaments and Alamo. You can get better tickets, usually for less, through stubhub or wherever.

It's a fine line, because yeah I want to support the university and buy through them, but I'm also still working towards the million dollar life donor club so I have no chance of getting anything other than nosebleeds through the university.

• Agree
Reactions: GrappleCy

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We bought tickets through ISU for the Texas game this year in Austin, my friend got the tickets, he donates at the $5000 level. We were expecting at least good seats, we were in the top deck, halfway up.
I will never by tickets for an away game again through ISU, better off getting them on the secondary market. Maybe others have better results, but when they start screwing over the $5,000 donor level, I hate to think of where my tickets would be at my level.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Iowa State has (or will) use its entire allotment of 450.

The pricing is probably a reflection of nobody travelling for any of the other teams that are in Tulsa. I would expect tickets to move as the time approaches. Just no reason to rush for this event.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We bought tickets through ISU for the Texas game this year in Austin, my friend got the tickets, he donates at the $5000 level. We were expecting at least good seats, we were in the top deck, halfway up.
I will never by tickets for an away game again through ISU, better off getting them on the secondary market. Maybe others have better results, but when they start screwing over the $5,000 donor level, I hate to think of where my tickets would be at my level.

That's not Iowa States fault though. The have zero control on where the visitors ticket allocation is located. Same goes for bowl games...

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
First round tickets are usually cheap unless there is a blue blood playing at a location close to their campus. I think you could get nosebleeds in Milwaukee for about $40.

whoooe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2012
Anyone that bought through Georgia State received details on how to pick up tickets at will call? Was expecting an email by now.

VAClonefan

Jun 23, 2009
Bentonville, AR
Planning to head to Tulsa tomorrow (only a 2 hr drive for me). It sounds like the advice here is to buy cheap and move up when the fans from the first game clear out. Anything else I should keep in mind? Haven't seen a game in person for years, so am really looking forward to this!

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Potentially parking lot?

• Funny
Reactions: VAClonefan

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Man tickets are cheap on stubhub right now. For ISU session you can get lowers for $35.

**** tickets for tonights at the well at starting at $9!! So glad I didnt buy any all session this year.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CyAg

May 22, 2006

I get your frustration, but there are 2 factors in play:

1. ISU gets the worst seats to start
2. With the high number of Directors level donors...the bar is even higher.
I get it and I am frustrated, but it is what it is.