New Mexico State Aggies

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I used to watch quite a few New Mexico State games late at night as they would replay them on the "Root Sports Channel". I had a whole pile of sports channels on the DirecTV sports package. I was always impressed by their scrappy playing. I know they seldom play a ranked team but they always win a lot of games. They had a heck of a game this year down at UT Rio Grande. Won by 3. Then played them again in the tourney championship and won by 3 again in two overtimes. They closed their season out on a 17 game winning streak. They are tournament worthy.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
They have a pretty heapin' pile o' wins. Playing at Hilton will be a huge advantage though.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
While I take any team in the dance seriously, seeing that one of the better teams they play is UMKC...that doesn’t lend a lot of credibility to their record. Not a strong conference at all. Some teams played power five opponents and never came close to winning.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm guessing Iowa State should win this game by a minimum of 25 points.
The Aggies deserve to be respected as this is THE Tourney. But if what we have seen during the WBB season is used as a metric, the Aggies will be lucky to stay within 15. We will go further in the Tourney if we have a couple players step up after Bridget and Alexa.

Salas is probably going to have Alexa, or more likely Maddie, guard her. Maddie works so hard on D that her Offensive output suffers.

Last edited:

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
In RPI, the Big XII is #3 and the WAC is #30. ISU RPI is 11 and NMS RPI is 125. But, we all know that there is reason they play the games. Shots fall, or not and injuries can happen. It gets tough in a hurry. RPI No. 18 DePaul would love to play in the Chicago Regional game, but more about them later.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
they won their conference and tournament, and have demonstrated work ethic and snappiness, on paper it should be an easy game, but taking a scrappy fighting style of team lightly is a mistake.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Pre game at the alumni center 1:30-3:30. Main part with band player and coaches 2:45 according to email from Athletic Dept. Hope lots show up for the game and pep rally.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
UWGB at that time was a basketball power. They weren’t a second level team by any measure.

Different scenario entirely. Green Bay was the #10 team in the country at the time and we were gifted a game at Hilton as a preselected host site. Green Bay was pissed at having 7 seed and playing a road game at Hilton. We were a 10 seed getting to play at home! Truefully it was a screw job on them although they proved themselves by betting us anyway only to get the big reward of playing the 2 seed. Really was not an upset at all

We are back to the Top 16 hosting openers again this year so we weren't gifted home opening rounds in the same way as 2012 and are not playing a better team on our home court.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
UWGB at that time was a basketball power. They weren’t a second level team by any measure.

We didn't have much of a chance in that game.
Point was we didn't even give 2 Seed UWGB a game. I sat through that one wondering how a team out of The Horizon could take it to us at home so bad. Just saying be prepared.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: acoustimac

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron