Official TCU postgame thread

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Like, me, myself or just fans in general?

I don't know if things are good or bad. Any win is good. Today's loss was weird.

ISU's got a decent team that hopefully makes the tourney and wins a game or two.

This is bad. You should feel bad

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Hawks headed to DSM most likely after this debacle.

giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I wouldn't.

I'd agree that ISU still needs quite a few wins to be a lock. Magic number is 5 more or 23 wins total before the Big 12 tourney. Assuming 21 or 22 get a bid but 23 solidifies it.

You'd think it would happen but today can't be a trend.

You're ******* delusional

• Funny
Reactions: Macloney

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So we were a 4 seed going into today and you now think that we need 5 out of 7 wins?? Come on. You are not this stupid. Look at Espn bubble watch. Many many many teams far worse than us are in the conversation.

Again. I point to Michigan state. They had a far worse week than we did.

I used to think you were reasonable.

Haha, I'm not saying they aren't in at all if they don't get to that amount...those numbers would just be far beyond bubble talk or even the 8/9 game.

Basically if they can get back to about where they've been they'll be fine. I think that's a reasonable way of looking at it but obviously that gets a few charged up and insulting around here. Funny stuff.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Thing is, I figured we'd have room for 1 more loss down the stretch if we wanted to win the title outright, but figured it'd be one of the road games. Heck I could have seen us dropping the road game at TCU; didn't see this one coming.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Figured you’d be back. The last few weeks have been tough on you, I’m sure.

Nice of you to show up at 11:00 pm must have taken you 8 hours to figure how to spin this outcome. This was different than the Baylor in multiple ways. Baylor was better than TCU and we lead most of the Baylor game compared to being throttled for the entire 2H by TCU.

All of that being said, this game wasn’t on the coaching staff which if you had taken time to read all of the responses you would know. Coach could have and should have started trapping earlier as I said in the in-game thread. But when your guards can’t stop the ball you are going to be really limited defensively.

Now go crawl back in your hole for a week.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I wouldn't.

I'd agree that ISU still needs quite a few wins to be a lock. Magic number is 5 more or 23 wins total before the Big 12 tourney. Assuming 21 or 22 get a bid but 23 solidifies it.

If we go 9-9 in the conference we are in comfortably. I’m not a bit concerned about getting in. Fully think we respond and win in Manhattan next week as that is the MO for this staff. I’m more concerned about our guards stopping dribble penetration and being able to consistently shoot the 3 ball as we head to March.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Nice of you to show up at 11:00 pm must have taken you 8 hours to figure how to spin this outcome. This was different than the Baylor in multiple ways. Baylor was better than TCU and we lead most of the Baylor game compared to being throttled for the entire 2H by TCU.

All of that being said, this game wasn’t on the coaching staff which if you had taken time to read all of the responses you would know. Coach could have and should have started trapping earlier as I said in the in-game thread. But when your guards can’t stop the ball you are going to be really limited defensively.

Now go crawl back in your hole for a week.

Says the poster that’s disappeared 3 different times because we were winning.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Says the poster that’s disappeared 3 different times because we were winning.

You do realize I haven’t disagreed with you at all on this game. This wasn’t on the staff. And I have commented in the last three weeks on how well the staff has done.

You are just so insecure as a 20 year old Texan that you have to fight or belittle everyone even when they agree with you.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I wouldn't.

Winning @ Texas Tech and @ Mississippi State along with smoking Kansas pretty much locked Iowa State into the field. There will be zero bubble teams that will have any wins as good as those, let alone three of them. Every year, people forget just how bad the resumes of the teams on the bubble are.

It would take a bunch of losses, including to some bad teams, to remove ISU from the field entirely and ISU is simply too good for that to happen. Iowa State is an excellent team that is prone to lax effort on defense. Sometimes their players seem to read their press clippings and buy into Jay Williams and others pronouncing them to be the team that will end the streak and they have games where they simply do not play with the defensive intensity that scored them those elite wins.

Do they believe they are good enough on offense that they don't need to play that hard? Do they think their opponent wasn't good enough to warrant their max effort the whole game? I don't know. Those are the questions that the coaching staff will need to get answers to so that Iowa State can reach their very high ceiling. I fully believe that Iowa State has the talent and ability to make a Final Four run but they have way too many games like this for it to be an outlier.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I’m guessing all of the espn pundits picking us to win the Big 12 have jumped off the bandwagon by now. It was good while it lasted
I'm guessing that they have enough experience in the game to not spazz out with seven games remaining. Kansas was down one game with 5 games to play last year and ended up winning the league by 2 full games. Things change a LOT over the last 3 weeks of the regular season. Players are getting dinged up and everyone has seen everyone else once before now. There will be a ton more head scratching efforts and "they were lucky to get them without (fill in the injured player that missed a game) games remaining for all of the contenders.

The bottom of the league is filled with really good coaches who, after breaking down film from their first game against a team, can scheme up a way to beat that team in their next game and throw the standings in chaos. Boynton swept Kansas last year. Huggins will be a Hall of Famer and has home games against KSU and ISU remaining that he could definitely win. Lon Kruger is an excellent coach. I don't need to talk up Dixon at TCU after yesterday. Those are the teams in 7-10 in the Big 12 right now. Lots of havoc still to go. Yikes.

Reactions: Doc

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Let's be honest - team looked like sh*t. No defense of any kind. Wig is not an NBA caliber player and surprised by the people on here who thought he was! He can barely defend and he runs under the basket without a plan. G league wannabe for now. Shayok is the more accomplished player - however he is pressing so hard to be the man he tenses up. Lot of young players who need to play hard every night - not sure they are told that in a voice they respect. And for the coach - a few timeouts to stop runs is allowed FFS.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
For bubble discussion, we're 2 wins from lock status. We don't need to be 23-8.

TCU loss hurt and was ugly to watch, but unless the team completely shuts down, we are not missing the tournament.

The other side to this discussion is, you wouldn't want to go from being the top No. 4 seed to an 11 seed in a 5-week span. I don't even wanna think about that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron