FSN availability - Chicago

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
Anyone in Chicago area have any luck getting the FSN (specifically the Fox RSN networks)? It's no longer available on Comcast/Xfinity at any price tier. The past few years, they would show the FSN games on the Prime network on xfinity. Chicago's "RSN" is NBCSports Chicago which doesn't have the b12 football games on.

Looking at all of the streaming services (Vue, sling, directtv, etc.) the availability is also limited by billing zip code, so they only give you NBC sports Chicago but not any of the FSN networks (again at any tier)

Is a physical satellite the only legit way to get FSN in Chicago? This is extremely frustrating as I wasn't able to watch the Akron game and now doesn't seem like I can watch the Kansas game. I'd pay to watch this game someone please take my money!

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
I would like to know too. For the Akron game, a bar I was at (Chicago suburbs that day) tried a number of different affiliates on DirecTV but none came up as "included in the subscription."

Reactions: guacamole7

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
Anyone in Chicago area have any luck getting the FSN (specifically the Fox RSN networks)? It's no longer available on Comcast/Xfinity at any price tier. The past few years, they would show the FSN games on the Prime network on xfinity. Chicago's "RSN" is NBCSports Chicago which doesn't have the b12 football games on.

Looking at all of the streaming services (Vue, sling, directtv, etc.) the availability is also limited by billing zip code, so they only give you NBC sports Chicago but not any of the FSN networks (again at any tier)

Is a physical satellite the only legit way to get FSN in Chicago? This is extremely frustrating as I wasn't able to watch the Akron game and now doesn't seem like I can watch the Kansas game. I'd pay to watch this game someone please take my money!

Bumping this since it's relevant to this week's game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What day do they publish a listing of what Fox networks will carry the game? For the Akron game they had a pdf up on the football schedule page at some point.

Here in Minnesota the "local" Minnesota FS North is carrying college volleyball. The "alternate" FS North on Comcast is carrying our game at 11:00.

Reactions: guacamole7

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
What day do they publish a listing of what Fox networks will carry the game? For the Akron game they had a pdf up on the football schedule page at some point.

Here in Minnesota the "local" Minnesota FS North is carrying college volleyball. The "alternate" FS North on Comcast is carrying our game at 11:00.

I believe the clearance will come out tomorrow.

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
I believe the clearance will come out tomorrow.
Thanks, it makes sense to review that when it comes out tomorrow. it does appear that PS Vue has the FSN channels on the sports pack (along with LHN), but it's not clear if they are only available for certain zip codes or not.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron