NBA: Official Thread -- Cyclones in the NBA & G-League 2018-19

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So opening night's so far...

- DNP but both OKC guys on the active roster suiting up for Nader/Burton
- Niang two minutes but didn't record stats, Naz not on active roster
- Monte with nice little line of 16 minutes, 7 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 0 TO
- Fred's first game tomorrow @76ers

Monte with the second most bench minutes, can't be a bad sign.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
So opening night's so far...

- DNP but both OKC guys on the active roster suiting up for Nader/Burton
- Niang two minutes but didn't record stats, Naz not on active roster
- Monte with nice little line of 16 minutes, 7 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 0 TO
- Fred's first game tomorrow @76ers

Monte with the second most bench minutes, can't be a bad sign.

That's great about Monte. I'd forgotten that they were kicking off the season last night. 10 guys played for the Jazz and I was surprised that Grayson Allen didn't get any PT. Hopefully, Nader will start to get some minutes as he gets his health back.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I caught the first half on Denver's game. Monte and the 2nd unit looked good. Malone (Denver's HC) basically subbed the entire 2nd unit in at once. I think Monte stayed on the court longer then most though. Offensively he was fine. The clippers did seem to put Monte in a lot of PNR situations which he could have done better with.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Denver hadn't won at the Clips in years, think they play GS at home on Sunday.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I watched Niangs 2 minutes. The jazz turned it over and Georges was the only guy back. Justin Jackson went up for a shot over him while niangs hands were up. Jackson missed then I think buddy missed then Cauley-stein made the putback. Snyder called a timeout cuz of sloppy play and georges got pulled.

His minutes were early 4th quarter when the game was close. Good news that he might get minutes besides blowouts in the future.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Utah Jazz are on ESPN tonight (OCT 19) at 10:30 ET / 9:30 CT vs. some team called the Golden State Warriors. I predict Georges' PT will increase from Game 1.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Bumping this - hopefully Georges gets some minutes tonight against the Dubs tonight on ESPN, 10:30 ET / 9:30 CT / 8:30 MT / 7:30 PT. Late for me - I've got the DVR set.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I caught the first half on Denver's game. Monte and the 2nd unit looked good. Malone (Denver's HC) basically subbed the entire 2nd unit in at once. I think Monte stayed on the court longer then most though. Offensively he was fine. The clippers did seem to put Monte in a lot of PNR situations which he could have done better with.

I felt like he needed to improve on PNRs when I watched him in the Summer League. You'd think that year of apprenticeship in the G-League would have been heavy on prepping guys on defending the PNR.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Watching the Jazz to see Niang play. Some good work in the 1st half but this is a pretty high level game for 2nd game of the season. Fun to see Niang in the mix at least a little.

But who the hell is Joe Ingles and where did he come from? Ugly, white and slow and can't miss. Almost wonder if he is Larry Birds secret offspring.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Watching the Jazz to see Niang play. Some good work in the 1st half but this is a pretty high level game for 2nd game of the season. Fun to see Niang in the mix at least a little.

But who the hell is Joe Ingles and where did he come from? Ugly, white and slow and can't miss. Almost wonder if he is Larry Birds secret offspring.
He's niangs ceiling

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Australia. The Jazz gave him a long term contract two years ago. He’s like LeBron only with 1’ less vertical.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyientist

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, since there's no ISU FB today, I'm going to watch a replay of the Warriors' narrow win against the Jazz. In a game with Thompson, Curry, Durant, Mitchell and Goubert, the game-winning tip was by Jonas Jerebko - natch - who was basically replaced by the Georges Niang on the Jazz' roster.

Georges is the 10th man for Utah by minutes and got 9 minutes, 8 pts and 3 rebs last night. This was the most significant PT of his career thus far. Here, he goes coast to coast for a bucket (look at him scoot):

Utah lost by one and stayed with the Warriors by going off on 3's. The afore-mentioned ugly, white Australian Joe Ingles went off with 7 of them. Here are all 10 of their 2nd Q 3's - the 2nd one is by Georges so I'm including it (#ifyou'reanNBAteam'sofficialtwitterfeedusesomefrigginpunctuation):

Technically, Niang's 2 buckets in this post were against Draymond Green :)

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Sweet assist by Mr. Niang

I'm bummed that I missed Niang getting in. I was flipping back and forth during the first half. Favors must be there for defense, but I think Crowder is out playing him these first 2 games at the 4. The Jazz are deep at the stretch 4.

Looks like Burton got in for 0:55. He is going to play at some point this season, but this means he gets up on the Cyclone's NBA wall!

Help Support Us

Become a patron