Big 12 Radio Launching on Sirius XM Radio

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Seems like a waist of money UNLESS it is paired with a network. Even if it’s just a streaming network. Should simulcast just like cnn ESPN etc. add in some syndicated local shows from around big 12 country and you got yourself something sustainable

CyStateOfMind

Jul 23, 2016
California
The best thing you can do is call them and tell them you want to cancel. I did that and got a promo for $30 for 6 months. I have done that 3 times in a row now.
Don't forget to set a calendar reminder in your phone though. It will auto-renew after the 6 months for $35 per month.
I’d be interested in what people are paying. Mine expires in late January and with what they charged me for a two year sub the last time I doubt I’ll resubscribe.

• Agree
Reactions: TruClone

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Seems like a waist of money UNLESS it is paired with a network. Even if it’s just a streaming network. Should simulcast just like cnn ESPN etc. add in some syndicated local shows from around big 12 country and you got yourself something sustainable

Anything that promotes the Big12 is a plus in my book. Hopefully they will counter some of the BS that Finebaum and the SEC shills are constantly vomiting up.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
The best thing you can do is call them and tell them you want to cancel. I did that and got a promo for $30 for 6 months. I have done that 3 times in a row now.
Don't forget to set a calendar reminder in your phone though. It will auto-renew after the 6 months for $35 per month.

That's why I tell them to bill me instead of auto-renewing. They send me a bill I got time to call and tell them to cancel or they give me the $30 for 6 months as well. I bought a different truck in May and they were going to give me a free 30 days but figured out it was up and active then so told me to just keep using it until the previous owner figures it out and cancels. So $0 for me for 5 months now and I got the wife's car set up for $35 for 8 months or something silly like that this past time. Pretty nice to have when traveling

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and 2020cy

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I called to renew last December and they had an "end of the year" deal for $5/month for a year. Hopefully, I can get that again this year.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
If you guys havent listened to Heartland College Sports podcast/youtube channel you should check them out. They have been giving ISU a lot of love even before last week.
Yeah, and Heartland regularly hates on K-State, so there's that additional benefit for ISU fans. But using the term 'they' is probably generous.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
Tell them you want to cancel and they will eventually offer you a 5$ a month deal for 5 or six months. I do that every time and have been for the past 6 years on both of my cars. They will often start off with a little higher offer, but if you decline that, they will do something like 5 or 6 months for 30$. You're welcome in advance.

That's what I do every time my subscription is about to expire.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
"SiriusXM Big 12 Radio will launch on October 22 and will be available exclusively to SiriusXM subscribers via the SiriusXM app, on connected devices including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Sony PlayStation, Roku and more, and on select SiriusXM radios (channel 375)." Big 12

L

LincolnWay187

Yeah, and Heartland regularly hates on K-State, so there's that additional benefit for ISU fans. But using the term 'they' is probably generous.
They must have hate teams who payoff the refs.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Thanks for posting this. I am tuned into SiriusXM channel 375 and the midday show is co-hosted by none other than former ISU, and Atlanta Falcons, QB David Archer. Their guest this afternoon is Bob Bowlsby, and they opened with a friendly joust regarding Bob having been an Iowa.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Listened a little bit today. Bob Stoops was on. One of the hosts asked Stoops to comment that the national reputation of the Big 12 was that the teams play no defense and that it is an incorrect perception. It was a good chance for Stoops to say good things about the league - things such as that TCU, Texas, ISU are all really good defenses, backed by stats, or that the perception is indeed wrong when it is nearly impossible to hold offenses to single digit points with the amount of offensive plays. How did Bob respond? "It hasn't hurt us! We've been in the playoffs 2 of the past 4 years." The next 2 minutes were all about OU and how great OU has been. Thanks Bob. I am sure the host was ready for a good 10 minute Big 12 discussion on the topic. Nope, in 2 minutes it was over.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Just got a deal for 6 months for $50 for car and streaming with a free Amazon Dot. Might take them up on that. The 6 months that for $30 I usually get doesn't include streaming.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I’d be interested in what people are paying. Mine expires in late January and with what they charged me for a two year sub the last time I doubt I’ll resubscribe.
Annual subscription is roughly $23/month for all access (ie howard stern, live sports, etc.)

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
  • Agree
Reactions: surly

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Annual subscription is roughly $23/month for all access (ie howard stern, live sports, etc.)

I'm pretty sure that nobody in the history of the world has ever paid that much for Sirius. We have two cars and streaming (basically all access) for around $15/month total.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I'm pretty sure that nobody in the history of the world has ever paid that much for Sirius. We have two cars and streaming (basically all access) for around $15/month total.

So you have access to every Sirius XM channel including Howard 100 and Howard 101 for only $15 month?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron