Pat Forde on Kansas' hoops recruiting (FBI-related)

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Somehow I think he stays at KU and nothing happens to him or the program. I don't know how these major programs escape these things but it happens all too often.
Perhaps, but I don’t see him wanting to compete without the illicit benefits. His name has been tarnished enough.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Shoe companies are allowed to help recruit players. They got a commitment from a player and he thanked his shoe company that is very involved in recruiting. That doesn't mean money changed hands.
Ku fans are on one side of the rationalizations and everyone else on the other. But unless there's a smoking gun, a direct tie, nothing will happen to Self. He is Ku. He's the face of that school. Just as Bill Snyder is the face of K-State. And although there's a lot of smoke, no one has produced the gun just yet.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Nice how you took one part of what I said out of the paragraph and made it look like that is my opinion when I've said all along I think Self knew. I guess I would expect that since you post more stuff about KU than you do about ISU or K-State as a wildcat fan on a cyclone site.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Nice how you took one part of what I said out of the paragraph and made it look like that is my opinion when I've said all along I think Self knew. I guess I would expect that since you post more stuff about KU than you do about ISU or K-State as a wildcat fan on a cyclone site.
If self knew is it fireable

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
I think I've stated the case pretty clearly. It's a Federal Case now. If the Feds come back and say Self knew about the money, that's your proof. The feds have unlimited cash to uncover everything possible. If the Feds can't prove it, then nobody can and right now a text that says, "We good?" is a long ways from a seamen sample.

I believe all the top players get paid by shoe companies. It's just a good investment for them. Give a kid that looks like he could be a player a few thousand dollars and if he ends up a player in the league, he'll sell enough shoes to have tons of money leftover to give a bunch of other future kids a few thousand dollars. I also believe everyone involved in college basketball knows it. The shoe companies are going to try to funnel the prospects to the schools that wear their shoes and get on TV the most, so kids can see them wearing their shoes. For them, it's all about marketing and future profits. It would be crazy to believe that Self or Coach K or Roy or any other top programs don't think their top recruits are getting paid. These coaches work all the time with their shoe reps because their reps are going to be around the players a ton more than the coaches can be. Shoe companies set up all the tournaments, they basically run basketball as we know it. It's the coaches responsibility to their institution to make sure they are not in any way tied into the exchange of money. Sure, they would be idiots to not know it's going on, but they would be just as foolish to be involved to a point that can be traced back to them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Cool. To bad I don’t care what an idiot thinks.

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This trial is ongoing and there are two more trials to come including those of assistant coaches who were arrested by the FBI. This isn't going to get any better for Ku over time. I can see Self taking an NBA job.
Self isn't going anywhere, certainly not over this. Why would he, because of some annoying questions from the press every now and then? That's every day as an NBA coach.

Despite this alleged cloud the last few years, KU has their most talented roster ever. This isn't causing him real problems.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
You're really upset now that's there is proof your coach is cheating

Yep, really upset. I am definitely concerned though that they let a complete sociopath on here as a representative of not only an Iowa State fan, but of someone that lives in Iowa. Truly embarrassing and sad.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yep, really upset. I am definitely concerned though that they let a complete sociopath on here as a representative of not only an Iowa State fan, but of someone that lives in Iowa. Truly embarrassing and sad.

I'm sure Olathe, Kansas is so proud you're representing them

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I'm sure the other die hard KU fan Robert Holtgraves with the same twitter handle as your username is not you. Yawn

No, that is not me. I do have family in Kansas though, Einstein. And why are you trying to find me on social media? God damn! You are creepy AF. Yep, definitely not a socioath... Do I need to report your stalking to the police?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No, that is not me. I do have family in Kansas though, Einstein. And why are you trying to find me on social media? God damn! You are creepy AF. Yep, definitely not a socioath... Do I need to report your stalking to the police?

giphy.webp

I see KU is at 2, this class could be monster recruiting class for them. That Kansas kid they have, Frankamp, is probably underrated even at 28 (probably a skinny white kid bias). He led the U-17 USA team in scoring.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron