Iowa Football Recruiting

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I actually thought you were a decent poster at one point who was intellectually honest, guess I was wrong.

Oh, I am honest. I can honestly tell you that several of the tavern hawks that are around me say that Iowa is on the same program level as Michigan, Florida State, (say they are better than Miami and Nebraska because they want to use this twisted 8-15 year type thing). Oklahoma they actually hesitate, talk about being in a bowl with them and playing them close and then finally say they are probably a better program.

Most hawks I know, don't want to admit that football was played last millenium, but somehow Fry did coach the hawks, its confusing. Most people in my area are cyclone grads and tavern hawks.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
The best era in your program's history, with the money you have, is underachieving.
And I haven't been a douche to you. Stop posting like an obsessed fanboi and you'll realize that.

You've been non stop douche. My first interaction with you and you were a total douche. Trying to argue about where the Iowa vs ISU games were played pre 1980, and clear back into the '10's and '20's. I mean out of nowhere you did it, so yeah I instantly thought you were a douche, and you haven't changed my opinions since.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If ISU won as many games as OU and TCU, then yeah. So you think Wisconsin 3-1 is better than BYU 3-1, even though BYU beat them on the road?

We'll see at the end of the season and where they fall in the AP poll but yeah I'd say Wisconsin is better

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You've been non stop douche. My first interaction with you and you were a total douche. Trying to argue about where the Iowa vs ISU games were played pre 1980, and clear back into the '10's and '20's. I mean out of nowhere you did it, so yeah I instantly thought you were a douche, and you haven't changed my opinions since.
LOL. We've seen how your yearly math works, so....

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I have seen neither team play so I have no idea about who is better. On that day, BYU was better since they won.

I would totally agree if BYU wins 8 games and Wisconsin wins 11. Yet if Wisconsin doesn't win more games that BYU, then no way are they better than them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would totally agree if BYU wins 8 games and Wisconsin wins 11. Yet if Wisconsin doesn't win more games that BYU, then no way are they better than them.

You would totally agree that you have seen neither team play? All I said was BYU was better that day, nothing more, nothing less; and I hadn't seen either play. You totally agree with that? That is confusing.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm asking you, with the quote you have, it would define NDSU as the better team that season. Way more wins and they won head to head. Pretty cut and dried using your parameters.

Can't really compare FCS schools with P5 schools. It is impossible to tell if NDSU would actually win as many games as Iowa playing schools like ISU and others.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Can't really compare FCS schools with P5 schools. It is impossible to tell if NDSU would actually win as many games as Iowa playing schools like ISU and others.

Woah, woah, woah. Back it up. You didn't say anything about that in your statement. So now, wins and head to head aren't as important as who you believe is better?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just wanted to tag on this thread. You can see why Iowa offered Sargent and, as a result, didn’t have room for Brock. Without Sargent they are down to a freshman as the 2nd string running back. They needed depth for this year. Sargent looks like a really good player. Glad he’s a Hawk.

giphy.webp

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron