Is Fran building a regional powerhouse or just calling Iowa fans idiots and morons?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Another article, another top 3 of tOSU, UM, and IU.

https://247sports.com/Article/Camp-Confidential--118455139

Basketball Recruiting
***Wisconsin missed the cut for five-star point guard DJ Carton earlier this month.

We're told the staff was "really upset" by the decision. Per someone in Carton's circle, the Badgers aren't necessarily out, but Carton didn't feel that UW "was the right fit for him." Carton hasn't cut schools out of the picture, but we'd be surprised if the Badgers continued to pursue the Iowa native.

One source said Carton is likely headed to either Ohio State, Michigan, or Indiana.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Another article, another top 3 of tOSU, UM, and IU.

https://247sports.com/Article/Camp-Confidential--118455139

Basketball Recruiting
***Wisconsin missed the cut for five-star point guard DJ Carton earlier this month.

We're told the staff was "really upset" by the decision. Per someone in Carton's circle, the Badgers aren't necessarily out, but Carton didn't feel that UW "was the right fit for him." Carton hasn't cut schools out of the picture, but we'd be surprised if the Badgers continued to pursue the Iowa native.

One source said Carton is likely headed to either Ohio State, Michigan, or Indiana.

Top 3 still @YeahBuddy?

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Wonder what feedback Isaiah Moss got from NBA scouts that would make him want to come back to school ? Surprised it took them so long.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
"Why are you here?"

7e7c60d5fbbbcf0d4d07dcdc0c88de3b.jpg

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Someone pinch me. Fran is tanking this program better than i could have dreamed

And has got an extension for doing it! ronswansongrin.gif

It's like if Kapt. Kirk went to the NFL and they brought in Charlie Weiss on a 20 year contract...

• Winner
Reactions: Brandon

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Carton says the teams recruiting him the hardest are Indiana, OSU and Michigan. Also says he hopes USA tryouts open more doors. Self is the coach for this years team.

• Informative

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Link? That is a big nut kick to Iowa fans

A guy named Leader Johnson on Twitter. I think he may be a 247 guy. Also said right now he plans to visit those three schools plus Iowa and Xavier. But he mentions his top 6 is not final and he is open to other schools.

• Informative

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
A guy named Leader Johnson on Twitter. I think he may be a 247 guy. Also said right now he plans to visit those three schools plus Iowa and Xavier. But he mentions his top 6 is not final and he is open to other schools.

The top six is not final, huh?

You know what's coming.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Carton says the teams recruiting him the hardest are Indiana, OSU and Michigan. Also says he hopes USA tryouts open more doors. Self is the coach for this years team.

Thats not really what he said, he said those three are making him a top priority. Apparently it was a Facebook Q & A:

DJ: I feel as if Ohio state Indiana and Michigan are making me a high priority but the whole recruiting process has been a good learning experience and it’s been an honor although it’s been stressful at times it’s something I will cherish forever.

LJ: You released a top 6 describe what stands out about the listed teams:

Iowa: Iowa is special, the fan base is great and it’s an in state school. Definitely a lot of support there and I’ve gotten to know the team and recruits real well.

DJ: Ohio State: Ohio State has such a rich history with left handed guards and I feel like coach Holtmann is one of the best.

Michigan: coach Beilein is great at developing guards and they have a young team with a lot of talent and will continue to win.

Marquette: Marquette is super young and very talented and has a great system with a great coach.

Indiana: Indiana is rich with a winning tradition and is turning the program around. Got good talent and a crazy atmosphere

Xavier: Xavier is a new group with a lot of young guys and good talent coming in. At the end of the day they win and get the job done.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Thats not really what he said, he said those three are making him a top priority. Apparently it was a Facebook Q & A:

DJ: I feel as if Ohio state Indiana and Michigan are making me a high priority but the whole recruiting process has been a good learning experience and it’s been an honor although it’s been stressful at times it’s something I will cherish forever.

LJ: You released a top 6 describe what stands out about the listed teams:

Iowa: Iowa is special, the fan base is great and it’s an in state school. Definitely a lot of support there and I’ve gotten to know the team and recruits real well.

DJ: Ohio State: Ohio State has such a rich history with left handed guards and I feel like coach Holtmann is one of the best.

Michigan: coach Beilein is great at developing guards and they have a young team with a lot of talent and will continue to win.

Marquette: Marquette is super young and very talented and has a great system with a great coach.

Indiana: Indiana is rich with a winning tradition and is turning the program around. Got good talent and a crazy atmosphere

Xavier: Xavier is a new group with a lot of young guys and good talent coming in. At the end of the day they win and get the job done.

How in the hell does Fran not make this kid a top priority?