***Big 10 Thread***

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I cannot imagine Cook sitting for a year and cannot understand what benefit he would realize. Just dumb.

I was thinking the same thing initially, but you have to weight that against the level of coaching he is getting and playing for a crap team. His best bet might be just to declare and see where he ends up. I highly doubt he’d be drafted though.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I was thinking the same thing initially, but you have to weight that against the level of coaching he is getting and playing for a crap team. His best bet might be just to declare and see where he ends up. I highly doubt he’d be drafted though.

I agree; seems like the better option is go G-League.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Cook's apparently

I was listening to Trent Condons podcast (not the radio show he has a separate one) and they were talking about who would leave. He said something to the effect that he was hearing some thing about “key pieces” leaving but declined to go in to it any more deeply saying “I don’t even want to think about that” and then basically went on to name half the roster as people that could leave the team.

• Funny
Reactions: ClonesTwentyOne

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I cannot imagine Cook sitting for a year and cannot understand what benefit he would realize. Just dumb.

If he has NBA aspirations or wants to play in the NCAA tourney it completely makes sense. Look at all the players that transferred to ISU that had to sit out

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Laughing as I type this, because I'm thinking about the Barta being to slow to fire him. Imagine trying to screw up your job to get your big buyout to retire on, but your boss is too dense to fire you even though you are trying your best to mess it up. Would really tick you off, might be why the firing questions ticked Fran off so much.

Never thought of it that way Hawks have their very own version of the "The Producers"

Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If he has NBA aspirations or wants to play in the NCAA tourney it completely makes sense. Look at all the players that transferred to ISU that had to sit out

Most want to try to get drafted and maybe get a little guarantee in a contract. Franny ain't going to help with that.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Cook is from Missouri. I know this may be hard for us Cyclone fans to understand, but- Mizzou actually has a lot of kids FROM THE STATE OF MISSOURI on their roster. :eek:

He probably just wants to play with dudes he crossed paths with a lot back in his high school days.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Cook is from Missouri. I know this may be hard for us Cyclone fans to understand, but- Mizzou actually has a lot of kids FROM THE STATE OF MISSOURI on their roster. :eek:

He probably just wants to play with dudes he crossed paths with a lot back in his high school days.

Don’t sleep on Florida.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Even as poor of a year as Iowa is having they really haven't given Cook the keys to the team either. He has flashed but, goes long period with out touching the ball and due to Fran's glut of posts and rotation technique is off the floor as curious times. I could see that leading to him being frustrated after 2 years.
The expectations for next years Iowa team are not high. If a player is going to miss out on the NCAA tourney exposure he needs to play 30+ minutes and put up stats to get attention and raise his stock.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Was Cook the one who talked back to Fran in a huddle a few weeks ago? It's possible Cook has grown to not like Fran. That's a legitimate reason to transfer.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines

There’s a slight difference between grad transfers and guys transferring after their sophomore year who weren’t kicked off the team.

• Dislike
Reactions: wing59

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
There’s a slight difference between grad transfers and guys transferring after their sophomore year who weren’t kicked off the team.

Abdel Nader, Jameel McKay and Deonte Burton, Michael Jacobson and Marial Shayok all transferred after their sophomore year who weren't kicked off the team

Reactions: MartinCy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Abdel Nader, Jameel McKay and Deonte Burton, Michael Jacobson and Marial Shayok all transferred after their sophomore year who weren't kicked off the team

Outside of Nader, how many of those are in the NBA?