Streaming HS Wrestling Finals

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I've jumped through the hoops at IHSAA, paid the $11, and still can't get video. Gateway timeout, but I know the matches are going on. Anyone have wisdom they can share?

**** the IHSAA for selling out to NBC Chicago. ******* would sell their own kids if the price was right.

Reactions: HitItHard58

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've jumped through the hoops at IHSAA, paid the $11, and still can't get video. Gateway timeout, but I know the matches are going on. Anyone have wisdom they can share?

**** the IHSAA for selling out to NBC Chicago. ******* would sell their own kids if the price was right.

Was some bull**** last year too for wanting to watch my old high school in the state bball tourney. It's almost 2020 and it's high school. Let it be easy access.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

The IHSAA didn't sell out to NBC Chicago. Krogman bought the broadcast rights from the IHSAA, showed the games on local channels for a few years, then he sold out to Comcast/NBC. The deal only runs through next year, I believe. Hopefully the amount of backlash they've received will cause at least some discussion.

IPTV does the girls' championships. IGHSAU gave them broadcast rights, for free. Unfortunately, I don't think IPTV wants to take on any more sports programming (i.e., the boys championships) due to state budget concerns and time constraints. They'd probably have to have the broadcasts 100% sponsored/underwritten in advance before even considering it.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

Still pretty ******* sour about the fact that I couldn't watch the Iowa High School wrestling finals even though I live in central ******* Iowa. Absolutely ******* ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
I have it on good authority that when the contract is up the people of Iowa will once again have easy access to watch the finals. It might not be IPTV but it will most certainly be different.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I have it on good authority that when the contract is up the people of Iowa will once again have easy access to watch the finals. It might not be IPTV but it will most certainly be different.
When is the contract up?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron