Wireless/Bluetooth headsets & earbuds

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
I am shopping around for a new wireless headset. I go camping/hiking in the backcountry and want to keep my phone as charged as possible. So I use an old ipod. I don't think it has bluetooth, so will probably need a transmitter. What are CF'ers using for wireless headsets and true wireless earbuds?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'm seeing rave reviews on the latest Sony wireless noise-canceling headphones. Better than Bose.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
What’s your price point?

I’ve got the Anker Slim Soundbuds. Use them mostly for mowing and working outside. I really like them.
Especially since they are around $25.

Edit - I can never seem to post links to Amazon anymore. Just search and you’ll find them.

Reactions: dmdom

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
If it’s true back country then I’d agree with above and get something on cheaper end (Anker).

I have Beats X and love ‘em. Easy pairing with iPhone and definitely better sound than the Anker price range. Also better battery life.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
What’s your price point?

I’ve got the Anker Slim Soundbuds. Use them mostly for mowing and working outside. I really like them.
Especially since they are around $25.

Edit - I can never seem to post links to Amazon anymore. Just search and you’ll find them.

I'll second the Anker Slim Soundbuds. They're cheap, have good enough sound, and perfect to use when doing stuff outside and don't want to accidentally unplug wired headphones.

Reactions: DSMCy and dmdom

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I will third the Anker Soundbuds. I am deaf in one ear so I never try to spend too much on headphones. These are perfect for just getting it done and at $25 I'm not that mad about potentially breaking them. Though I will say I get closer to 5 hours than 7 that is advertised.

Reactions: dmdom

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Thanks guys. I'll give them a try. I don't care to drop big $ on something nice. I'm going to be using them for Grand Canyon rim to rim in May and then a couple times in the Rockies. So I won't be pissed if they get damaged.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron