Hoks play for 7th Place in Cayman Island Classic today

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If you look at the original draw, it appears they "Seeded" Iowa #2.
Anyway, I don't think the Hoks lose 3 in a row (but I hope they do). As JoBo would say, "Relax"

Even by winning they still lose. RPI is just getting roasted.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Would the committee take into account a huge impact player like Wagner being out today if they lose?

They're already factoring in a walk-on who plays 19 minutes a game and another untested but painfully slow guard, so yeah.

The Hok dossier will be massive by season's end.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Fran goes 11 deep and UAB is coming off an OT and only plays 9 guys so should be an easy W for Fran
I know this got talked about yesterday, but how in the world do you play 11 guys when your 2 "best" players are out?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I know this got talked about yesterday, but how in the world do you play 11 guys when your 2 "best" players are out?

Hok fan thinks he’s just trying to find his best rotation but in reality he’s just not a great coach. Listening to local media I would be inclined to believe that Iowa has made multiple NCAA tournies in a row, won several conference tournament titles, and had a bunch of legendary players pass through their program in the Fran tenure. Holy projection. Looking at you Murph and Andy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I honestly have no clue how Fran does it. His rotations would literally drive me insane if I was an Iowa fan

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Hok fan thinks he’s just trying to find his best rotation but in reality he’s just not a great coach. Listening to local media I would be inclined to believe that Iowa has made multiple NCAA tournies in a row, won several conference tournament titles, and had a bunch of legendary players pass through their program in the Fran tenure. Holy projection. Looking at you Murph and Andy.

This is what I don't understand. All of the local media says Iowa is a lock for the NCAA tournament even after these two loses. How? Why? They were an NIT team last year and lost their best player without adding any impact players. What am I missing?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is what I don't understand. All of the local media says Iowa is a lock for the NCAA tournament even after these two loses. How? Why? They were an NIT team last year and lost their best player without adding any impact players. What am I missing?

You’re missing that Ryan Kreiner IS GOD and every single player on Iowa is underrated. So underrated.

• Funny
Reactions: GT25Ump

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Even by winning they still lose. RPI is just getting roasted.

This could be a big problem for Iowa this year. Their schedule is incredibly bad, so they don't have many chances for any "good wins". They only play the best teams in their conference once, and they are all at home, so those might not even fall in the "good win" column in the end since they are all at home.

If they would happen to win their Super Bowl in Hilton, would that be their best win of the year? In their fans' eyes, of course it would be, but how about in the committee's eyes?