AP Poll - Week 3

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not a lot of surprises in this poll but I have to ask the question. How does Northwestern lose to unranked Creighton and get blown out by unranked Texas Tech in the same week and only fall from 20th down to what would be 29th if the poll awarded that many spots? And that Tech game wasn't even as close as the 36 point margin made it appear. At least the "Coaches" Poll dropped them to the 35th spot.

Maybe I'm being to harsh. I suppose they did manage single digit wins over Saint Peter's and La Salle.
<Insert Jimlad>

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Not a lot of surprises in this poll but I have to ask the question. How does Northwestern lose to unranked Creighton and get blown out by unranked Texas Tech in the same week and only fall from 20th down to what would be 29th if the poll awarded that many spots? And that Tech game wasn't even as close as the 36 point margin made it appear. At least the "Coaches" Poll dropped them to the 35th spot.

Maybe I'm being to harsh. I suppose they did manage single digit wins over Saint Peter's and La Salle.
<Insert Jimlad>
Three idiots is all it takes
http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/team/northwestern-wildcats/2017

• Informative
Reactions: BigD

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Silva dropped them two spots on his ballot after the terrible week they had. But at least he wasn't the worst; Hurt dropped them one spot on his ballot. That's right, two losses; one spot. At this rate ISU should be on both of their ballots by next week since ISU has the same record and their worst loss wasn't nearly as bad.

<Jimlad for Cyclones being ranked comment>

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

<Insert Jimlad>
Maybe Lionel Simmons was granted another year of eligibility. He only graduated 27 years ago.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron