Mizzou and Kansas State to resume football series

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The only thing holding this league together is Texas and to a lesser extent, but not by much, OU. Ku would leave in a millisecond for the Big10 if ever offered. But lose either of the bell-cows and it's curtains. I hated Missouri leaving. But we all act in our self-interests first. That's exactly what they did. And I'm confident there have been many times that they wished they had stayed.
I’m not sure you have a point, but if you do it’s still the legacy of Missouri.

What do you think happens if FSU and Clemson look to move? Conferences are always held together by the premium brands.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
At this point, it’s more likely that the power 5 joins together to sells TV rights and then realigns into something that makes sense again. For that reason, I’m fine playing Mizzou, Nebraska, and Colorado. **** aggy.

Imagine if Nebraska was on our schedule this year? We might beat them by 50

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
At this point, it’s more likely that the power 5 joins together to sells TV rights and then realigns into something that makes sense again. For that reason, I’m fine playing Mizzou, Nebraska, and Colorado. **** aggy.

Imagine if Nebraska was on our schedule this year? We might beat them by 50

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Association

Its been done before. The conferences are always in it for themselves. We are also at or close to peak rights fees. I doubt there is any additional money for any one company to pay all P5s under one umbrella.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I like to hate on Missouri too but if ISU's president/AD had declined an invitation to any of the other four P5 conferences, they should have been fired for malpractice. We would have done what they did, or Nebraska did, or Colorado did.

There's also a gigantic difference in accepting an invitation to another conference, and openly lobbying/begging in public for a way out of your current conference. Had Missouri taken care of it privately instead of LOOK AT US BIG TEN PLEASE PICK US PLEASE GOD PLEASE, I believe it would have been less of an issue.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Maybe they can pair this with a wrestlemania type promotion of Kathleen Sebelius versus Melissa Click. Cucklebrity boxing.

Reactions: cyfan21

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
The only thing holding this league together is Texas and to a lesser extent, but not by much, OU. Ku would leave in a millisecond for the Big10 if ever offered. But lose either of the bell-cows and it's curtains. I hated Missouri leaving. But we all act in our self-interests first. That's exactly what they did. And I'm confident there have been many times that they wished they had stayed.
No, that's not exactly what they did. They openly lobbied the B1G for membership. CU never lobbied the Pac in front of God and everybody even though rumors floated for years that they coveted a Pac invite. Missouri didn't leave based upon an invitation; they magnified internal conference issues to message to the B1G they wanted out. The SEC picked it up, added MU when the B1G said no, and used the MU acquisition as a bulwark against potential B1G incursion south.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
No, that's not exactly what they did. They openly lobbied the B1G for membership. CU never lobbied the Pac in front of God and everybody even though rumors floated for years that they coveted a Pac invite. Missouri didn't leave based upon an invitation; they magnified internal conference issues to message to the B1G they wanted out. The SEC picked it up, added MU when the B1G said no, and used the MU acquisition as a bulwark against potential B1G incursion south.
I don't believe you read my post.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I don't believe you read my post.
There's a pretty big difference between accepting an invitation to a conference in which one's institution will benefit vs. creating destabilizing chaos so that your institution can ***** itself out to the highest (or most willing) bidder.

Of course Colorado is justified in moving to the Pac but to suggest that what Missouri did was the same thing (or acceptable) is bull****.

Help Support Us

Become a patron