Lindenwood Open

cywr89

May 14, 2009
No Kaden Sauer? He was very good at the national tournaments in his age group in HS. IS he hurt?
Looks like only 3 not on the preliminary list. St. John (165), Teague (197) and Sauer (197). I know Sauer has been dealing with a leg injury for some time (never wrestled much this summer due to injury) but not sure why he was out this past weekend and this weekend.

ajbjunior

Feb 4, 2007
Maybe this has been the case previously and I didn’t notice it but we are sending more guys to the freshman side bracket vs having them in the open bracket. I don’t remember Jackson doing this but maybe I just missed it.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Maybe this has been the case previously and I didn’t notice it but we are sending more guys to the freshman side bracket vs having them in the open bracket. I don’t remember Jackson doing this but maybe I just missed it.
We are sending more guys in both. When KJ was coach, it seems like we didn't have a lot of participation in tournaments. I am glad that all our wrestlers are getting mat time outside the room!

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Should be some really good tests!

Parker can win 33 but will have some decent tests with Erneste from Mizzou being a ncaa qualifier and his toughest competitor.

Storr has a tough bracket and could see Jaydin Eierman who is returning AA and ranked highly for Missouri. Longo(OU) is also tough.

Will get a good idea where Degen is at with it being his first competition and a decent bracket with Demas(OU), Lugo (Iowa), Glosser(Iowa), Lewallen(Okie St) and Jeffries(OU) in the field.

Dane can win 84, not anyone that notable there.

Would like to see some signs of life from Colbray, not sure how much longer we can keep putting him out there with the kind of effort he is putting forth.

Either Gremmel/Harrington could win if they wrestle to their potential

Curious to see how new guys at do 25 and 74 do.

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Flo is a little weird with urls. You can be reading an article, scroll up or down a couple of lines, and have the url change to something totally different even though you're on the same page.

Better than Track at least, where urls are dynamic and it is almost impossible to link successfully to anything other than the front page.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
We're down to 28 registered as of this morning but as far as I can tell all of the guys in the running to be a starter are there except for St. John (and I'm not sure how badly he hurt his knee at Nichols so he could be out indefinitely). No brackets yet.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Really liking the amount of guys we have going today. It's time to figure some stuff out re: our lineup going forward, and wrestling is the only way to do it. Looking forward to seeing some of the guys who haven't wrestled yet this season.

djhart69

Feb 1, 2017
Not sure if they've actually seeded the tourney 1-8, but from the brackets it looks like our seeds are: Parker 2, Simmons 5, Dante 5, Degen 8, Straw 4, DiBlasi 5, Brightenbach 6, Pestano 2, Colbray 5, Harrington 3, Gremmel 5 in Gold (Open) division. Like Cyclone Open not a lot of D1 individuals but much stronger quality with Missouri's loaded lineup and OU and OKST involved.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
It would appear things are going pretty well so far. Storr won (a close one, I expect him to turn it up a notch his next match), Dewitt won 9-5, Straw won 7-5, DiBlasi and Brady Jennings both got 1st period pins. IAWrestle has Degen winning by pin, but Track has him losing by pin. Considering Track doesn't even have a dashboard going for this tournament and is prone to making mistakes, I'm optimistically taking IAWrestle's word for it.

Jakob Allison won by TF in the Fresh/Soph division.