KU, Mizzou discussing charity exhibition basketball game at Sprint Center

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm all for it, but the still of Bill Self winking in the linked article is the stuff of nightmares.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
checks out

images

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I'm all for hurricane support, but what a load of crap if the NCAA allows this game for that reason. Both these schools have no ties to hurricane areas nor any reason to support the effort. This is a publicity grab plain and simple and the charity is being exploited to do so.

If this was the university of Houston, Miami, or even UT i would think differently.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm all for hurricane support, but what a load of crap if the NCAA allows this game for that reason. Both these schools have no ties to hurricane areas nor any reason to support the effort. This is a publicity grab plain and simple and the charity is being exploited to do so.

If this was the university of Houston, Miami, or even UT i would think differently.

I can't believe the NCAA would go for this. If they get a charity exhibition, then every school should get one.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I watched, was a pretty competitive game.. I suppose you can't take to much from an exhibition though.

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I can't believe the NCAA would go for this. If they get a charity exhibition, then every school should get one.

Several others did. nebraska played at Mississippi state today. I doubt they raised 2 million dollars though.

• Agree
Reactions: acgclone and kistek