Hawkeyes make it into the top ten!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
That was not good......The union players from Northwestern Community College and Pat Fitzgerald and his "go cats" and all.......not good. That Nebraska Iowa Heroes game is going to be a real hoot. Probably won't even be televised.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Well, if they lose to the Goofers (which I expect they will win, but who knows), their next two games are Ohio St and Wisky. That would put them in a 4 game losing streak, and 4-6 clinging to bowl eligibility.

Too bad ISU defense took a few games to figure it out, with Lima and Lanning learning OTJ.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well, if they lose to the Goofers (which I expect they will win, but who knows), their next two games are Ohio St and Wisky. That would put them in a 4 game losing streak, and 4-6 clinging to bowl eligibility.

Too bad ISU defense took a few games to figure it out, with Lima and Lanning learning OTJ.

Minnesota is pretty bad

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
They'll punk PJ and Purdue. Lose to Wisky and tOSU. Then kick Riley out the door on Black Friday. 7-5 isn't bad for that team.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
They'll punk PJ and Purdue. Lose to Wisky and tOSU. Then kick Riley out the door on Black Friday. 7-5 isn't bad for that team.

Yeah, there are a couple layups left on their schedule.

Certainly not for us. Baylor is losing, but not by much. That'll be a dogfight as well.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Sadly, I still see them going 8-4. It just seems like one of those things that always happens. They'll get Minny, Purdue, Nebraska. Something dumb will happen with either OSU or Wisky where it seems like their getting killed but the score will be close and they'll pull something out at the end.

• Dislike
Reactions: Lineup

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Sadly, I still see them going 8-4. It just seems like one of those things that always happens. They'll get Minny, Purdue, Nebraska. Something dumb will happen with either OSU or Wisky where it seems like their getting killed but the score will be close and they'll pull something out at the end.

You think they will beat Wisky or tOSU?

Ice Cube meet hell

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Minnesota is pretty bad

It annoyed the living crap out of me for a few years when ISU fans would point to 7-5 Minnesota teams as some amazing "goal" to attain when they rarely even actually beat anybody good. If I want to model after a Big Ten program the past decade as to what we could realistically achieve I'm looking at Michigan State, not freaking Minnesota.

• Agree
Reactions: Lexclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It’s because they got up for that game because it’s there super bowl. We don’t get anything by winning that game have only can lose. Game means nothing because we’ll still be in a January bowl. ;)

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Have you seen who Wisconsin has played? They're best win might by Florida Atlantic. OSU's best win is Army.

Both are multiples better than NW.

Hoks will be double digit dogs to both and won't cover the spread.

It is far more likely they will lose one to someone they shouldn't than they will upset one of those two.

They shot their entire wad on their superbowl

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Both are multiples better than NW.

Hoks will be double digit dogs to both and won't cover the spread.

It is far more likely they will lose one to someone they shouldn't than they will upset one of those two.

They shot their entire wad on their superbowl

I agree they are both better than NW. But OU is 1000000x better than Iowa and we beat one and lost to the other. Transitive property doesn't always work.

I hope Iowa loses out, but I've cheered against them long enough to know what to expect.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I agree they are both better than NW. But OU is 1000000x better than Iowa and we beat one and lost to the other. Transitive property doesn't always work.

I hope Iowa loses out, but I've cheered against them long enough to know what to expect.

Expect what you saw this weekend from Hoks and you will be fine.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
I don't think you understand how bad Iowa is this year. Most years I would agree with you, but this team is just as bad as the Iowa team that won 4 games a few years back.

Help Support Us

Become a patron