COLUMN: 10 thoughts on ISU's win at Texas Tech

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Has anyone thought that herby knows there is a chance that Game Day may visit and he is trying to make it a big of deal as possible with his twitter comments. In his mind [ESPN] pump CMC up as the next big time coach and get interest from all those fan bases that think they need a new coach.

Well, he could also be processed by aliens, about as likely. I'll stick with the Occam's razor principle and go with Herbster just being the elitist Buckeye shill and Big 10 fluffer that he is.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Interesting wording. ". . . is assessed . . .". Is that basically the same as declining the penalty? After all, there was a flag and a change in yardage . . .

I mean, obviously we're splitting hairs and it was great to see "no" penalties against ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Interesting wording. ". . . is assessed . . .". Is that basically the same as declining the penalty? After all, there was a flag and a change in yardage . . .

I mean, obviously we're splitting hairs and it was great to see "no" penalties against ISU.

Seems like it should be a penalty, but it appears that it's not (if you take it at the 35) -- in the official stats on cyclones.com, it lists 0 penalties for 0 yards. So yeah, guess for stat purposes, it's like a declined penalty.

Clones15

Feb 17, 2017
I won't be shocked if we still aren't ranked. Anyone know what time the poll is usually released?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Nice article Chris, but the comment about Trent having a great year made me think-- with the three man front, how much does he really play? His snaps had to be fairly limited yesterday as it was mostly Bailey, Lima, and J.D.