Keeping Campbell

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Unless Kirk knows something it’s on the verge of unprofessional imo. How hard is it to make a qualifier?

It’s always humorous in how quickly opinions become facts when Hines agrees with the opinion, otherwise he’s the champion of second guessing.

The only thing professional about him is his professional grade fluffing of Thee Ohio State. He's just a talking head jackass and being a mouthy attention ***** is part of his job.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and BigLame

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
This is obviously a good problem to have, but I hope the spotlight continues to be on Lazard Lanning, Kempt, and Montgomery. Campbell is a great story and he's been amazing for the program thus far, but this is an Iowa State story to me. Not just the coach.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Herbstreit shold worry more about the life saving measures he'll have to perform on Corso in the near future if they keep trotting him out on gameday.

Campbell is going to get seriously paid next year, and I bet JP is the one writing the checks.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
We need to keep him and his staff. Whatever it takes. We start winning and bowling on a regular basis and it will pay for itself.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
I don't mean to be a downer here but one season does not a great coach make. He's doing a great job...let's have him keep it up and then pay him accordingly...maybe a Ferentz type salary????

Spam

May 21, 2008
I don't mean to be a downer here but one season does not a great coach make. He's doing a great job...let's have him keep it up and then pay him accordingly...maybe a Ferentz type salary????

Too late. The coach is made already. Now the question is what can we do to keep him.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Iowa State fans can only control two things:

1) Showing up and showing Campbell this is a "sleeping giant" as he has eluded to.
There is no reason why the last two home games shouldn't have 61,500 in attendance for the last two games.

2) Holding JP accountable if he doesn't make Campbell an offer in excess of 2.7 million a year and extend him by 3-4 years.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy and IceCyIce

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I figured someone would come looking at CMC if he was successful at ISU, just didn't think we would see this much improvement this fast. As someone else said earlier, you can offer him as much as you can, but big buyouts and other stop gaps that ISU has put in and raises for him and his asst coaches mean nothing to big time programs. Sure don't need morons like Herbstreit cheering for someone to hire him away. *^*&^*^ Herbie

Papajets

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 26, 2014
Iowa State fans can only control two things:

1) Showing up and showing Campbell this is a "sleeping giant" as he has eluded to.
There is no reason why the last two home games shouldn't have 61,500 in attendance for the last two games.

2) Holding JP accountable if he doesn't make Campbell an offer in excess of 2.7 million a year and extend him by 3-4 years.
3) more donors. If we want to have big time football it takes big time bucks to keep the best coaches

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Spam

May 21, 2008
I really hope we can get Campbell a nice fat raise and keep him long term, but IF he decides to go elsewhere I would be fine with promoting Manning to head coach. I think Manning could keep probably half of the current staff while the others would probably join Campbell.

Manning. Or go get the Toledo coach again.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Well, it didn't take the Des Moines Register long to piss on our parade. There lead story on their Cyclone Insider is, of course, Herbstreit's tweet. JFC, what a sorry bunch of *****.

There's a reason I call the DSM Ragester ...."Thee Locust Street LIAR", and you have just discovered it.

Of course Complete and Total Worship of all things Choke Eye doesnt help the Locust Street LIAR either IMHO

Go Cyclones

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I vote to start a Gofundme that either pays a larger salary for Campbell, or hires an assassin for Herbstreit. Leaning towards the second at this point.

• Creative
Reactions: arobb

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
3) more donors. If we want to have big time football it takes big time bucks to keep the best coaches

Spot on here. We have made big jumps in the last 5 years, but maybe that was due to the basketball success.