MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The 3-0 lead the Dodgers had at the time was the only thing keeping my head from exploding on it. As every commentator said after the game, the process was unimaginably bad. If Davis pitches tonight and isn't absolutely perfect everyone will go back to this and probably with some validity, if for some reason the game is close and the Cubs don't bring out Davis it'll be discussed even more.

We can't use video replay review...but we can have a "use your imagination about what might have happened five minutes ago 90-300 feet away to overrule what someone saw instantly 3 feet away" review.

I think it is really "no harm no foul" going forward as it was only one pitch, but it was unimaginably bad umpiring on a very public stage in a very big moment. Can you imagine if Granderson had got a hit, homer, walked, etc. and the Cubs lost? My god that would have been brutal.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I think it is really "no harm no foul" going forward as it was only one pitch, but it was unimaginably bad umpiring on a very public stage in a very big moment. Can you imagine if Granderson had got a hit, homer, walked, etc. and the Cubs lost? My god that would have been brutal.
There would have been a riot on the field. It would have gotten really ugly.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Also, Quintana has to pitch at least 7 innings tonight with Davis not being available

Agreed. Not sure who Joe goes to in the 8th and 9th in this situation. Strop probably for sure one of the innings. Not a lot of confidence in anybody else at this point.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
not good, Quintana's pitch count is high and Davis got burned out yesterday