Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Pantsy need a roomie?
I'm not saying...
1200x630bb.jpg

I'm just sayin...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Went to the Simpson Jazz Ensemble and Symphony band concert last nite. They both were very good. Favorite Jazz piece was probably Spain by Chick Corea. Danza #2 by Bruce Yurko was probably my favorite by the symphony. They also played a piece written about Rosa Parks in 92 and the conductor read some passages that the composer wrote about it in 92, and they were parallel to what could have been written today if you didn't know it.

It's really a lot of fun to get to listen to a group that talented and the variety and amount of sound they can get from 60-70 people.

Fix and repair day at work, but they all went well so that was good.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I thought you were already back or I would have thrown shade at the Kansan making fun of WI.

Watch your mouth CG! ;)

Speaking of Kansas I could probably get a job back in Wichita today if I wanted but it would not be a great situation and I don't like the people I would have to work with.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hey. I have my reasons. Also, if there's one this week I won't be able to make it as I'm volunteering at a 5K. Can there be some games played in China? I could probably make those 1am game watches.

Isn't this already what you tell the wife? Whatever it is that's you are watching at that time.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Wednesday vent - This scenario happens several times a week and it ticks me off every time.

Three lanes of traffic going one way. I'm in the middle lane with cars in front of me and behind me. I hit my left blinker on to get in the passing lane and am waiting for the car next to me to pass so I can get over. As soon as they do, the douchecanoe behind me zooms up and cuts me off (usually with no blinker) despite the fact that my blinker has been on for awhile and clearly know what I'm intending to do.

I feel like I'm getting more and more annoyed at the simple lack of courtesy of people on the road. Blinkers rarely get used, and when they do it's when people are already in the process of changing lanes or turning. I don't have road rage issues and I don't drive angry, but the frequency of this really annoys the crap outta me.

/pointless therapeutic rant

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm not saying...
1200x630bb.jpg

I'm just sayin...

I saw an episode of Battle of the Network Stars (yeah, they are doing that show again) with Bronson Pinchot in it. He did not age well.

As far as the actual show goes, it's pretty awful. It's generally got some B and C list celebrities in their 40s-60s that are out of shape and probably weren't very coordinated or athletic to begin with. I recorded a couple episodes for nostalgia sake, and it was just painful.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wednesday vent - This scenario happens several times a week and it ticks me off every time.

Three lanes of traffic going one way. I'm in the middle lane with cars in front of me and behind me. I hit my left blinker on to get in the passing lane and am waiting for the car next to me to pass so I can get over. As soon as they do, the douchecanoe behind me zooms up and cuts me off (usually with no blinker) despite the fact that my blinker has been on for awhile and clearly know what I'm intending to do.

I feel like I'm getting more and more annoyed at the simple lack of courtesy of people on the road. Blinkers rarely get used, and when they do it's when people are already in the process of changing lanes or turning. I don't have road rage issues and I don't drive angry, but the frequency of this really annoys the crap outta me.

/pointless therapeutic rant
Using turn signals is a sign of weakness. ;)

My beef...followed a car in the left lane going 64 (limit is 65). Passes long line of cars going 63.9. Finally gets well past first one (to the point where I'm debating sliding over & passing on the right...bad girl, KC). He moves over, I speed up a little to get past him and merge in front before my exit...and HE puts on the gas. I slow to merge behind him and he matches my pace. Couple of those back & forths & I end up almost missing my exit because he's playing games. Fortunately I have bigger balls than him. ;)

Main reason to not follow people like that off 30 onto University is because that merge at University is a cluster**** when you have people turning right into the vet path complex and people (like me) trying to merge across several lanes to turn onto Mortenson. The putzes that STOP at the bottom of the off ramp make me batspit crazy because you have to watch them and the cars on University. Plenty of rear-enders happen there because of the people that stop instead of merging.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I saw an episode of Battle of the Network Stars (yeah, they are doing that show again) with Bronson Pinchot in it. He did not age well.

As far as the actual show goes, it's pretty awful. It's generally got some B and C list celebrities in their 40s-60s that are out of shape and probably weren't very coordinated or athletic to begin with. I recorded a couple episodes for nostalgia sake, and it was just painful.
I watched the first couple because the originals were kind of fun in a campy way. The new ones aren't even campy funny. They're just sad. :(

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I watched the first couple because the originals were kind of fun in a campy way. The new ones aren't even campy funny. They're just sad. :(

Maybe I'm mis-remembering things, but it seemed like the original show had contestants that were actually in shape and not sadly floundering around (well, outside of the kayak race anyway).

I was a big fan of Heather Locklear at an early age as a result of that show.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron