Impressions

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
went to Hilton Madness last night. A couple of impressions..

Middleton has a sweet three point shot. Like silk.

Durr appears to be healthy

Mere looks slimmer than last year. Moved really well.

Camber has a level of steel in her. She just doesn't appear to be afraid of anything.

Anyone else have impressions?

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
In general I liked what I saw from both the new players and our returning crew. There was some nice shooting touches and even some movement/play running in the faux game.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Camber and Middleton impressed me the most. Camber looks MUCH improved. Middleton looked really good shooting the 3 ball.

I know it's a quick reaction, but couple that with what BF has said, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Camber starting. She has a long reach that could help guard the taller teams in the Big 12.

Emily does look healthy, but it was hard to really gauge from the scrimmage as her and Bridget seemed to be letting the younger players get time to shine.

I totally agree that Meredith seemed to move better. I'm expecting a bit of a break-out year from her.

One thing that did surprise me a bit in the "concerning" way was Bride's play. Didn't really impress me and even got her shot blocked by Claire at one point.

Incoming freshmen looked as expected, Rae and Kristin both looked good (Rae especially). Wish we would have gotten to see Madison, but I don't think we have to worry about her :)

Can't wait for the season to start!

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Well I see the excitement is starting to brew up there just it is down here. Gonna be some good basketball this year. I would sure like to come to Ames again this year just like I did last year. It was a lot of fun but Lord it got cold that night after the game. I headed south and got out of that blowing snow before I came to stop.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
no,I understand her brother was getting married and she went home for the wedding
Years ago I had streak of 15 plus years without missing a single football game, and it used to get cold in November. Then my brother decided to get married on a game day. Nobody in the family sided with me in my disappointment. Looking back, going to the wedding was probably the right thing to do. I don't even rib him about it anymore. But obviously I haven't forgotten.

• Funny
Reactions: ISC

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
went to Hilton Madness last night. A couple of impressions..

Middleton has a sweet three point shot. Like silk.

Durr appears to be healthy

Mere looks slimmer than last year. Moved really well.

Camber has a level of steel in her. She just doesn't appear to be afraid of anything.

Anyone else have impressions?

I especially agree on Camber - no fear, solid.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Geewago...you’re always welcome to join me for a game or use my tickets!

Same here Geewago, if you are in town and need tix, let me know as i will sometimes have 2 extra tickets... if not, you can buy GA and sit in my seats as we are always in the Jr. Cyclone Area with our kids and their friends (I have 4 reserved seats, but kids also have Jr. Cyclone Club cards, and they always want to sit with their friends :) ).

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Thanks so much for the ticket offers. It's great to have friends like this. I hope I get the chance to take advantage of you generous folks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron