(Lack of) Iowa Football Fan Support

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
If Iowa had only 8 wins in the past 3 years, I guarantee you they would be nowhere near close to a sellout.

If Iowa sold tickets for $33 they would sell out every game. Unfortunately Iowa charges nearly 3 times that for some games as kinnick

In 2001, they were coming off 7 wins over 3 years. They put 68K or more in the stands vs Penn St, Indiana, and Michigan. They put 65K in the stands vs Minnesota.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Unless he gets hurt that dude is the Heisman winner and I hope he goes to my NFL team. 4.3 speed with moves. He'll be running for real money next year.

Yeah he's a lot better than Jewell that's for sure.

all2matt

Mar 6, 2011
Please tell us more about 15-20 years ago.

I believe he had to go back that far because that's the closest comparable data for what Iowa would look like if they had Iowa st type success. Your right we don't what Iowa sales would do if we fell off like Iowa st but it's best case guess we can make. Maybe someday Iowa will be a cellar dweller too so we can compare accurately, more of an apples to apples scenario. Until then that's the best guess a person can make.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I believe he had to go back that far because that's the closest comparable data for what Iowa would look like if they had Iowa st type success. Your right we don't what Iowa sales would do if we fell off like Iowa st but it's best case guess we can make. Maybe someday Iowa will be a cellar dweller too so we can compare accurately, more of an apples to apples scenario. Until then that's the best guess a person can make.

Well, if he wants to look back at that season then perhaps he shouldn't have done just the 4 conference home games. Looking at their first two home games that season it was 56,000 and 58,000. That's pretty bad for a fan base that size.

all2matt

Mar 6, 2011
Well, if he wants to look back at that season then perhaps he shouldn't have done just the 4 conference home games. Looking at their first two home games that season it was 56,000 and 58,000. That's pretty bad for a fan base that size.

I can agree with that they maybe should've shown better, I know I went to 3 or 4 games a year during that period and good tix were fairly easy to get for a good price. But In reality Iowas fan base is probably a bit over inflated compared to what they should be when you compare population centers, success and history. And you can definitely make a the same argument only stronger for Iowa st especially compared to anything north east and south of Iowa. Wins vs fans vs demographics would easily make Iowa st probably the #1 team in the nation and Iowa probably in that 5-10 range kinda like KSU, WVU, and Oregon.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can agree with that they maybe should've shown better, I know I went to 3 or 4 games a year during that period and good tix were fairly easy to get for a good price. But In reality Iowas fan base is probably a bit over inflated compared to what they should be when you compare population centers, success and history. And you can definitely make a the same argument only stronger for Iowa st especially compared to anything north east and south of Iowa. Wins vs fans vs demographics would easily make Iowa st probably the #1 team in the nation and Iowa probably in that 5-10 range kinda like KSU, WVU, and Oregon.

Oregon is different than any other team you mentioned.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
This can't get bumped enough

How about even more of it?

I never felt Iowa could beat Penn st, OSU or Wisconsin this offseason.

Going into those games I feel Iowa could beat Penn St, OSU and Wisconsin. If Iowa plays a clean game they could get them.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins