(Lack of) Iowa Football Fan Support

Sep 13, 2015
And you guys don't. That's the difference
You'd be surprised. Woof woof. Alums. Woof woof. Wal Mart t-shirts. Haha. I don't have the same hatred for ISU that you seem to have for SUI. I graduated from Iowa. I have a lot of friends who graduated from ISU. I hate the football week because it's devastation for one of us (because a Hawkeye resurrected your dormant football program and made it a near certainty that we can never again go on a generational winning streak).

The basketball game is an early barometer when both programs have talent, but it's meaningless for a post-season run (for both programs).

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Kinnick looked great on TV. Odd it wasn't sold out earlier (was it sold out). My guess is that fans of Iowa know how fans of ISU felt a few weeks ago.
First thing I thought of when I heard about the game end on the news. To have a win in your sights and lose in the last few seconds...
You mean lose to a team you're better than because the other team played well above themselves? No, they don't feel that.

Iowa fans are thrilled they had a close loss. It easily could have been a blowout.
Eh, not so fast...per the Hawkeye trolls on this board, Hawkeyes "don't believe in moral victories".

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm astonished by how obsessive some of you people are towards Iowa football. Sure, the non-sellout thing was good for a chuckle on Wednesday. I'll admit, I got a kick out of it. But they had a nice crowd there. It looked and sounded good on TV. It was a competitive game. How hard is it to just leave it at that?

My goodness, and you wonder why they call us little brother with the way some of you act here...

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
You were there? You're full of ****. I was North End Zone. I've only been to Trice for a couple Iowa games. Kinnick has been louder than last night, but not by much. I can't speak to Trice, since I've only been there for a couple of their few annual sellouts. Maybe they tune it up for Kansas.

Sorry I offended you. At the end of the game, when Penn State was driving it wasn't that loud and a lot of the fans around me were not cheering and making noise. It did get pretty loud on the Wadley TDs.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You'd be surprised. Woof woof. Alums. Woof woof. Wal Mart t-shirts. Haha. I don't have the same hatred for ISU that you seem to have for SUI. I graduated from Iowa. I have a lot of friends who graduated from ISU. I hate the football week because it's devastation for one of us (because a Hawkeye resurrected your dormant football program and made it a near certainty that we can never again go on a generational winning streak).

The basketball game is an early barometer when both programs have talent, but it's meaningless for a post-season run (for both programs).

It's hard to say your fans don't suck when you have 4300 empty seats for that game last night

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't start drinking until I got home from the game. I was DD. Picked up my uncle in an undisclosed location in DSM around 1:00 PM yesterday. Got home around 2:00 AM this morning. Had some Bacardi waiting in the freezer. And, of course, the backup High Lifes in the fridge. I'm still up drinking. I'm waiting until Taco Casa opens and then Uber is going to take me to get fajitas. Then I'm going to nap.

Legit!

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
tumblr_mfoefhRqnF1rcxyqko1_500.gif

Sep 13, 2015
Do I have to say it? Jack Trice is garbage. Pretend stadium. Sorry if it's inconvenient for you. You're tailgating is sooo great. Two wide-open cornfields near the stadium. Enough space for an old man to have a catch with his young son.

• Useful
Reactions: GTO

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Thought the crowd looked good last night, and sounded loud on TV. If there were 4,300 open seats I'm not sure where they were.

I'll admit as well I'm jealous of there ability to pull off their black and gold shirts in the stands.
Agree-highest rated game and looked awesome for the country. # bigtime