***Official General College Football 2017 Thread***

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Paul Rhoads sucks, he's always sucked. He's the reason our program the last 5 years has been the laughing stock of College Football. I won't be mad to see either team lose because they deserve it.

Reactions: IanCYCLONE

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Just tuned in to see the final secs of Aggies v Ark...93 total pts? Albeit in OT but I thought they played defense in the SEC or at least that's what they mocked the B12 about our scores.

• Agree
Reactions: IanCYCLONE

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Not sure what the officials were looking at in this OSU/TCU game. TCU touched their own punt first, therefore, they cannot obtain possession no matter what OSU does (OSU player touched it after TCU did). This is elementary officiating.

• Agree
Reactions: BigLame

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
What in the holy hell is going on here? Gundy should be going ballistic on the sideline here. There is no way TCU should have this possession right now, even if OSU committed a holding penalty during the punt. Once that punt is gone their possession is gone unless OSU touches the ball first and muffs it, which they didn't. Or unless the holding penalty occurred prior to the ball being kicked, I suppose, but I thought they called it while OSU was trying to set up a return.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
What in the holy hell is going on here? Gundy should be going ballistic on the sideline here. There is no way TCU should have this possession right now, even if OSU committed a holding penalty during the punt. Once that punt is gone their possession is gone unless OSU touches the ball first and muffs it, which they didn't. Or unless the holding penalty occurred prior to the ball being kicked, I suppose, but I thought they called it while OSU was trying to set up a return.

I don't get that either. How does TCU get the ball there? I thought once the punting team touched it, ball is dead.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
i just posted similiar questions. ESPN idiot announcers didn't know that rule either.
How did TCU get it 30yds back too? WTF just happened?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
That is a BIG TIME throw by Rudolph! That is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Holy ****, now they're calling OSU for a personal foul AFTER they had called and been granted a timeout? I admit, I don't have any idea what the rule is on this.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Holy ****, now they're calling OSU for a personal foul AFTER they had called and been granted a timeout? I admit, I don't have any idea what the rule is on this.
I want OSU to win, but I believe it was the correct call. It was a "dead ball foul." I believe there was sufficient time, after the whistle was blown, for the OSU player to slow down before making such aggressive contact with the QB.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
OSU got ROYALLY screwed on the confirmed TD for TCU - there is no way that ball crossed the goal. Not sure what they saw!? Should be Cowboy ball (touchback).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron