Updated Roster Height and Weights

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I don't get all this negativity about Brase and only being cleared a couple weeks before the season starts.

The biggest thing he'll bring for us is big man passing, and keeping bigger defenders honest on the arc.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It took Prohm 3 years but it looks like MAYBE we will finally have class balance starting next year with 3 each of seniors, juniors and sophomores and 4 freshmen. It probably won't be exactly that, but at least it doesn't look like we'll be rolling over 6 guys every year

• Disagree
Reactions: ComCY

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
The more I hear about the grad transfers, the more excited I get. I feel like Beverly and Talley to bring a toughness to our team similar to Hogue. I think Brase will be a Vanderbeken type player with better rebounding.
I think overall we are gonna see a much more slashing style of team that is tough. Basically the type of teams I get annoyed with watching cus they are always in games.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Yeah, he was gritty wasn't he?

cropped_hogue-kick.gif

Oh yes he was... AC74E9C1-A360-4485-B622-69E722DAC4C1.jpeg

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I don't get all this negativity about Brase and only being cleared a couple weeks before the season starts.

The biggest thing he'll bring for us is big man passing, and keeping bigger defenders honest on the arc.

He's known for his defense as well.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
No just an observation, my impression has been that Lewis would be the guy that plays some four rather than Tally which now appears not to be the case. However, I welcome anyone's opinion.

Lewis is a wing or big 2..prob won't guard 2 but he's a wing..Talley is as well a wing but will play the 4 at times in small ball situations..he's a good rebounder.

S Young gaining 5Lbs..lol..guy is already a beast.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Out of the grad transfers I think Brase will be the dud. Beverly will be the new Edozie and Talley will be the biggest asset I’m thinking like a poor mans Dustin Hogue.

Umm ive heard Beverly is going to play a ton and has exceeded expectations. Think you will be surprised at how much Beverly plays

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Brase has some offensive skill but he's also a legit 6'9". With Young at 6'7", he gives us another defender and rebounder in the paint. If he regains his agility, he will be a nice player for us this season. Obviously that's a big if.

Beverly could be a security blanket off the bench. Someone that understands their role and doesn't get overwhelmed.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Yeah, I don't see any negativity to him as player/person. We are all just hoping his knee holds up and he can get close to full speed at some point. Love to see him have success here!

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Brase has some offensive skill but he's also a legit 6'9". With Young at 6'7", he gives us another defender and rebounder in the paint. If he regains his agility, he will be a nice player for us this season. Obviously that's a big if.

Beverly could be a security blanket off the bench. Someone that understands their role and doesn't get overwhelmed.

Young is 6'8" from the link in the OP. Does it help make your point if you list him shorter?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The biggest thing with Brase is him being 6'9" and can shoot the 3 IMO. It's going to be strange, but we're going to lack 3 point shooters this year IMO. Jackson will be our best, and is proven, but after him it's all question marks. Lewis looks like he will be a stud shooter, but being a freshman it might take him a bit to feel fully comfortable out there at this level.

Wiggi looks to be capable, but nothing great from 3. NWB hasn't shown better than an average 3 pt shot thus far. Talley and Beverly are not going to be dependable at all from 3 IMO.

So if for no other reason, Brase gives us the ability to spread the floor out more and not let teams just pack it in against us all the time.

I still feel like if we has Shayok this year instead of next year, we'd be a near lock for the NCAA tourney. Without him, it's going to be tough to get there IMO, but I hope I'm proven dead wrong.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Young is 6'8" from the link in the OP. Does it help make your point if you list him shorter?

LOL why so salty? I was going off of memory. Excuse me for being 1 inch off. I'm not sure what point you think I'm trying to make by listing Young at 6'7". My post was about Brase.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
LOL why so salty? I was going off of memory. Excuse me for being 1 inch off. I'm not sure what point you think I'm trying to make by listing Young at 6'7". My post was about Brase.

Who's salty? I guess I should have assumed you were too lazy to look at the link rather than assume you were fudging the height of one of our players like posters often do on here.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
This year is so different than recent years, minutes are up for grabs. We all have our opinions on who might play big roles, but we won't really know until these guys play some games. It is going to be interesting and fun. We got role players from last year, D1 transfers, and some highly thought of freshmen. Who is going to step up?

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
There will probably be growing pains early on with the amount of youth we have, but I do feel like we have the talent to make the tournament if they start clicking. Young is going to make a big jump this year, and I'm excited to see Lard's athleticism.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This year is so different than recent years, minutes are up for grabs. We all have our opinions on who might play big roles, but we won't really know until these guys play some games. It is going to be interesting and fun. We got role players from last year, D1 transfers, and some highly thought of freshmen. Who is going to step up?

SY and Wiggy. Lob City is going to be back.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron