Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I had my Ipod on random on the way into work this morning and heard Dietrich's "Falling in Love Again", Etta James's "At Last" and Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA".

I wasn't upset.[/QUOTE

Now THERE'S a song for a smoke-filled barroom and some good belly bumping. (That's slow dancing for the rest of you.)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Best lawyer movie: To Kill a Mockingbird (yeah, I'm not reading that second book.)

Most eloquent opening statement in movie: My Cousin Vinny
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for "A Few Good Men". Of course, pretty much anything by Sorkin is a winner in my book. ;)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for "A Few Good Men". Of course, pretty much anything by Sorkin is a winner in my book. ;)

Not a big Cruise fan, but yeah.....the denouement in the courtroom is almost as good as that in The Verdict. He leads the Colonel into the trap so neatly.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Sorry Carvers, gotta disagree. For my money "The Verdict" is the best lawyer movie. One of Newman's very finest.

The thing I prefer about Mockingbird is it's the rare lawyer movie where the attorney isn't some struggling POS.

Also like the attorney portrayal in Miracle on 34th Street.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I love love love My Cousin Vinny. (and Legally Blonde!!)

But for serious lawyer movies, Philadelphia and Erin Brockovich are tops for me.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Of course, in Primal Fear Richard Gere isn't a struggling POS, he's an arrogant narcissistic POS. (Why did that make me think of the POTUS?)

There is very little I find more off-putting than an arrogant POS -- evil or unkind POS I guess.

I also like some really old lawyer movies. "A Man for All Seasons" is definitely one of them. Also the old movie about the Nuremberg trials that focuses on the German judges, I think it's "Judgment at Nuremberg."

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
There is very little I find more off-putting than an arrogant POS -- evil or unkind POS I guess.

I also like some really old lawyer movies. "A Man for All Seasons" is definitely one of them. Also the old movie about the Nuremberg trials that focuses on the German judges, I think it's "Judgment at Nuremberg."
That one is Spencer Tracy...and yes - it focuses on German judges who facilitated the ethnic cleansing policies.

Reactions: carvers4math
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron