OK - who wins the game on Sept. 9th ?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Barring any key injuries on either side between now and then I will predict Iowa wins, 27-17.

I was originally expecting a one possession game but have been very encouraged by the reports out of camp, especially about our defense, so am expecting a bit wider margin now.

What reports?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If we can contain the run and force Iowa to be a 2 dimensional team I more than like our chances. We also have to be able to run the football some to keep the Iowa defense honest. If we have mediocre success on the ground and can hold our own against the Iowa run game I don't think Iowa will be able to score enough points. Give me the Clones 34-24

Reactions: Yellow Snow

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
As someone else already stated, both teams have a game between then and now and we will know more about each team in just over a week. A great deal would hinge on what if any injuries might take place between now and then also. We know what Iowa will try to do, run the ball (ball control drives) and try to wear down breaking a couple long ones. Mixing in some throws to Wadley or Butler to get them out in space and trying to get missed tackles. ISU will try to pass I believe as the WRs should be able to test Iowa's secondary. Will Park have time to get off good throws? Park is not a run threat like Lanning so that is one limiting thing. And then throw in there how turnovers go.

My prediction before week 1 is that Iowa will win by 10 or so. It will be interesting after week 1 how people then feel.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I can't make a prediction until I see week 1 results. I'd feel a lot better going into rivalry week with a convincing victory over the purple hawks. Specifically line play. Maybe we can lean on Jacob Park and our receivers, but being able to run the ball and stop the run is paramount.

How vulnerable is the hawkeye secondary? Will Wyoming's quarterback dissect them? Is Iowa's front seven so GOD DAMNED AMAZING that he won't have time to go through his progressions? Will Wyoming be able to slow down Iowa's running game? I assume they'll stack the box. Will Iowa be able to execute the forward pass? Will they even need to?

Too many questions to predict week 2.

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've got The hoks by a TD 31-24. They're going to crush us on the ground I'm fully prepared for them to pick up every 3rd and 3 that they get in to.