Iowa Football Recruiting

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I read a lot of rivals back in the day, jeff.

You used to pretend to have kids, and live in the Des Moines area, before you suddenly were living in New York.

My question for you, jeff, did any of them try to get you any help? Seriously, if anyone truly cared, they would be appalled at your behavior here. So did they try to get you help, and you refused, so they left? Or was it all as made up as your project manager position you've bragged about?

Or, did they decide that this was least self damaging outlet for you? Let him spend his days arguing with Cyclone fans, at least we don't have to worry about him wandering off.

Serious question
Bump

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hopefully the front 7 helps with that, but I do feel there is a lot of young talent back there. Rugamba looks the part. Disappointing that he got suspended though.

Is there any truth to the rumor about him getting into it with his position coach?

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
What about pass defense?

It will help the boys in the back a lot if the boys up front can get a push. I'd say this is the best quickness Iowa has had on the D line. And remember the linebackers are very experienced seniors all the way across and they will assist in coverage. The backfield will be tested in game 1 as Wyoming will obviously be throwing all day with the supposed top senior QB in the country so we will get a very good idea of what is there.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It will help the boys in the back a lot if the boys up front can get a push. I'd say this is the best quickness Iowa has had on the D line. And remember the linebackers are very experienced seniors all the way across and they will assist in coverage. The backfield will be tested in game 1 as Wyoming will obviously be throwing all day with the supposed top senior QB in the country so we will get a very good idea of what is there.
I don't think Wyoming will have the receivers for Josh Allen to matter too much against Iowa.

• Winner
Reactions: ICHawk24

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
I read a lot of rivals back in the day, jeff.

You used to pretend to have kids, and live in the Des Moines area, before you suddenly were living in New York.

My question for you, jeff, did any of them try to get you any help? Seriously, if anyone truly cared, they would be appalled at your behavior here. So did they try to get you help, and you refused, so they left? Or was it all as made up as your project manager position you've bragged about?

Or, did they decide that this was least self damaging outlet for you? Let him spend his days arguing with Cyclone fans, at least we don't have to worry about him wandering off.

Serious question
giphy.gif

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I don't think Wyoming will have the receivers for Josh Allen to matter too much against Iowa.

He may have great stats in a losing effort. If they pass 75% of time. I don't think it will be a close game but I have thought that before and been surprised. Probably like last year's game Iowa had against Miami of Ohio in the opener.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who knows. Does any team publish what the "team rules" are? They must hand them out to players. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen anyone's "team rules" published?

A lot of times when ISU's players have been suspended for violating team rules I have found out why. Things get leaked and dots get connected.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
A lot of times when ISU's players have been suspended for violating team rules I have found out why. Things get leaked and dots get connected.

And sometimes they don't and it is just rumor mill. Also, sometimes it takes longer than a day to find out too.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And sometimes they don't and it is just rumor mill. Also, sometimes it takes longer than a day to find out too.

I agree completely. I had just heard there was an incident with his position coach and that's why he got suspended but you know how rumors are on these things.