Iowa Football Recruiting

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I am willing to bet CMC, the staff and all the players back from last year remember the game last year in Kinnick just fine.

That's not my point. What I'm saying is that every season, every game, is new. Are they supposed to tuck their tails between their legs and pee their pants any time some mentions a game they lost in previous seasons?

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Derp. Brian is the one who ruffled the feathers. Ever since he made the comments about ISU, CMC has been extremely butthurt and can't even say the word Iowa or even Iowa St. It is pretty funny that Brian got so far under CMC skin.
I guess that's not how I see. Not gonna waste my breath arguing with you

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
That's not my point. What I'm saying is that every season, every game, is new. Are they supposed to tuck their tails between their legs and pee their pants any time some mentions a game they lost in previous seasons?

Not at all but it makes him look incredibly stupid trying to troll a program that dominated them on the field last year and has pretty much owned instate recruiting since he has been at ISU.

Its all just a play to the fan base.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I guess that's not how I see. Not gonna waste my breath arguing with you

It is hard arguing with facts, so there is no sense in arguing with me on this. Here are the facts of the timeline.

Brian makes his comments in May.

CMC is butthurt and starts saying #Thoseguysouteast and won't even say the word Iowa. Won't say Iowa State university, nothing with the word Iowa in it.

Brian really touched a nerve with CMC.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
It is hard arguing with facts, so there is no sense in arguing with me on this. Here are the facts of the timeline.

Brian makes his comments in May.

CMC is butthurt and starts saying #Thoseguysouteast and won't even say the word Iowa. Won't say Iowa State university, nothing with the word Iowa in it.

Brian really touched a nerve with CMC.
Actually Campbell's tweet about actually helping farmers made little ferents salty

• Dislike
  • Funny
Reactions: Rural and breck53

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Not at all but it makes him look incredibly stupid trying to troll a program that dominated them on the field last year and has pretty much owned instate recruiting since he has been at ISU.

Its all just a play to the fan base.

It makes him look incredibly stupid to a fan base that doesn't like him. No one else cares.

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
It makes him look incredibly stupid to a fan base that doesn't like him. No one else cares.

Look at the bright side if you are a CMC fan.

This "team out East" schtick along with the forthcoming uniform overhaul has bought him at least 5 years with the ISU fan base, regardless of success on the field.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Look at the bright side if you are a CMC fan.

This "team out East" schtick along with the forthcoming uniform overhaul has bought him at least 5 years with the ISU fan base, regardless of success on the field.

That's not even kinda true. People expect to win games. We had the rah-rah crap with Rhoads. The expectation is to win. If he doesn't do that, he's gone. Very simple.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
You were winning at a historical rate, for ISU standards, with McCarney and JP canned him.

McCarney had a decent run. But it was time to part ways. McCarney resigned out of love for Iowa State.

Chizik ended up being a poor choice. Brian Kelly and Jim Harbaugh were passed on.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
McCarney won 39.7% of his games at ISU, which is not even at the (bad) historical rate ISU has.

He had five 7 win seasons in his final 7 years at the helm. There have been eighteen 7 win seasons in ISU program history dating back to 1892 and McCarney is responsible for almost 1/3 of them in a 7 year period.

Johnny Orr won 40% of his conference games and got a statue built in his honor.

Last edited: