***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Very weird timing on his part to leave KU. Didn't even go on the trip overseas! It makes you wonder if he just couldn't cut it or if KU has someone else lined up? Eitherway, looks like KU will again be playing some small ball this year.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Very weird timing on his part to leave KU. Didn't even go on the trip overseas! It makes you wonder if he just couldn't cut it or if KU has someone else lined up? Eitherway, looks like KU will again be playing some small ball this year.
They'll have more talented front court players, but still won't be very deep.
Billy Preston
Azubuike
Mitch Lightfoot
Svi, although he just has front court height.

They better hope Lightfoot is a serviceable backup.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Reading twitter, some KU fans are saying he had a bad attitude and it was a "mutual" decision to leave.

Others are saying he was kicked off to make room for Marvin Bagley since he's reclassifying to 2017.

D

Deleted member 8507

I will remain on my high horse, sir, until you can prove otherwise.
Well according to a QC sports writer who is a big Hawk homer, Hoiberg never did any recruiting, even for transfers. I guess all of the transfers came banging on our door, begging to play for ISU.

NBA blogger Keith Smith recently tweeted this quote from Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg, reflecting on his days as a college head coach at Iowa State: “I hated recruiting. I absolutely ‘f'ing’ hated recruiting. In the NBA, it is just coaching. No other stuff. Just coaching.’’

Sometimes not even that.

It didn’t seem like Hoiberg did all that much recruiting at Iowa State anyway. The Cyclones built much of their team around transfers from other schools, a ploy that has been picked up and maybe even accelerated by his successor, Steve Prohm.

Iowa State has collected five transfers since the end of last season and could very well have three graduate transfers in the starting lineup next season.

http://qctimes.com/sports/columnist...cle_c003fd0b-728c-5da2-984f-70f1c5f66f17.html

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Well according to a QC sports writer who is a big Hawk homer, Hoiberg never did any recruiting, even for transfers. I guess all of the transfers came banging on our door, begging to play for ISU.

NBA blogger Keith Smith recently tweeted this quote from Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg, reflecting on his days as a college head coach at Iowa State: “I hated recruiting. I absolutely ‘f'ing’ hated recruiting. In the NBA, it is just coaching. No other stuff. Just coaching.’’

Sometimes not even that.

It didn’t seem like Hoiberg did all that much recruiting at Iowa State anyway. The Cyclones built much of their team around transfers from other schools, a ploy that has been picked up and maybe even accelerated by his successor, Steve Prohm.

Iowa State has collected five transfers since the end of last season and could very well have three graduate transfers in the starting lineup next season.

http://qctimes.com/sports/columnist...cle_c003fd0b-728c-5da2-984f-70f1c5f66f17.html
Same old recycled hawkeye garbage, yet when you look at Iowa State and Iowa over the past 7 years the results speak for themselves.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Sometimes not even that.

wut? Doesn't the author does realize Fred still had to recruit the transfers that arrived in Ames? Not exactly like recruiting HS prospect from AAU but there was completion for all the transfers.

• Winner
Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Sometimes not even that.

All that news reel of Fred at Lin-Mar games must of been photo shopped.

• Funny
Reactions: Cy$

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron