Thoughts on the FAW and this place!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Charter Thanks for stepping up and keeping CW's kid in shoes, For reals I like the fawcast because it wasn't all about sports it seems like friends getting together and hashing out what's on their minds. Looking forward to hearing the new version.

Reactions: Angie

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Great question! Here are top 5 reasons in my opinion
1. It is "Free" to use your own buyer's agent. The seller puts up all the commission and it is split in half so why not get the free assistance?
2. Agent know about properties earlier than pretty much everyone else. I have a listing coming next week. I already have 8-10 agents who have buyers that are ready to see it because I told them about it. Those buyers will beat the general public to it.
3. Agents do the work for you. Do you want to try to line up showings yourself, gain access, line up a route, get seller's disclosures ready? I'm guessing no. A good buyer's agent will do that for you.
4. They know what comes next. Real estate deals can be tricky with lots of inspection issues, closing issues, appraisal issues and MUCH more. An experienced agent has seen it all and can guide you through it efficiently so it is on their plate and not yours.
5. Access to market data. How do you know what a fair offer is? Most don't. Agents are thee to help you with a market analysis to make sure the house you want to buy is priced right, and based on that, you will not overspend on the house.

I have two fantastic buyer's agents and I know the time and effort they put into each deal to ensure happy clients. In my opinion, everyone should have a dedicated buyer's agent.

I apologize to bring this thread back from the dead, but I had a few more questions.

Thank you for the first reply, by the way. I have only rented personally and my immediate family never moved while I was growing up, so I have little experience with this. It is something likely to happen in the next 2-4 years, however, so trying to educate myself slowly on it.

So question --

How far does your territory extend? Ames and Des Moines only for "central Iowa," or do you extend out into the dozen or so immediate border counties...?

upload_2017-5-25_17-39-49.png

Again, nothing immediate, so not to get your hopes up, but gathering options for the future. Still have to finalize talking the wife into making Iowa the long-term location.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Charter Thanks for stepping up and keeping CW's kid in shoes, For reals I like the fawcast because it wasn't all about sports it seems like friends getting together and hashing out what's on their minds. Looking forward to hearing the new version.

His wife is a vet, she keeps the kids in shoes! :p

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY