Into the Badlands

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I like Bajie's character a lot. I just didn't buy this aloof fat guy being a martial artist who trained at a temple. I am interested to see His/Widow's backstory if they show any of it. I assume they will. And what is everyone's take on the end or the Master? Something tells me we see the master again and she isn't really a bad character.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I like Bajie's character a lot. I just didn't buy this aloof fat guy being a martial artist who trained at a temple. I am interested to see His/Widow's backstory if they show any of it. I assume they will. And what is everyone's take on the end or the Master? Something tells me we see the master again and she isn't really a bad character.
Well, Bajie did have "the gift", but lost it (or had it taken away?) at some point. So, I can see him not really giving a rip about being fat while he was at the temple. Who needs to be fit when you've got that kind of power inside you?

Him being a crack martial artist without the gift? Yeah, that's a little harder to believe, but I guess he's still got all that training knowledge...so, whatever.

The fact that Sonny just so happened to be paired with the person who trained the Widow while in a prison camp is what I find the hardest of everything related to Bajie to believe. But, given the overall context of the show, again...whatever.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Bajie better not be dead. Him and Sunny make an awesome team and he provides much needed comic relief. I'm thinking he is the only one that can explain what he did at that observatory at the end of the episode, so that alone should guarantee he remains a part of the series.

I've been a huge fan of Nick Frost since Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz. If you have a chance, you might want to watch him in the movie Cuban Fury.

On a separate note, who's excited about the upcoming season of FTWD? The previews look pretty good. Almost like they upped their budget a little bit too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron