59th Grammy Awards

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Bruno Mars performed at my work two or so years ago and the level of energy he brought was awesome. We would have lots of mini concerts at work and lots of artists were pretty blah because it was far from a "concert environment". But Bruno and his crew were at the top of their game for the 3 songs they did in the middle of the afternoon.

Enjoy his music but love watching him perform.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Bruno Mars performed at my work two or so years ago and the level of energy he brought was awesome. We would have lots of mini concerts at work and lots of artists were pretty blah because it was far from a "concert environment". But Bruno and his crew were at the top of their game for the 3 songs they did in the middle of the afternoon.

I have a lot of respect for him and his performances. I couple of years ago at the Grammy's he was one of the early performers and the crowd was still dead. He told everyone to "get up off your rich asses and move." He was one of the better performers that night, as well.

Not to mention he's named after the great Bruno Sammartino.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I have a lot of respect for him and his performances. I couple of years ago at the Grammy's he was one of the early performers and the crowd was still dead. He told everyone to "get up off your rich asses and move." He was one of the better performers that night, as well.

Not to mention he's named after the great Bruno Sammartino.
I seriously stopped for a second and thought if that was true or not, but then remembered his name is actually Peter haha

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
You know what else was pretty good last night, the commercials. Definitely better than the Super Bowl.

In my opinion, the Target commercial with the Rob Base song being song by the Broccoli guy and the Call Me, Maybe girl was pretty spectacular.

Reactions: Angie

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
You know what else was pretty good last night, the commercials. Definitely better than the Super Bowl.

In my opinion, the Target commercial with the Rob Base song being song by the Broccoli guy and the Call Me, Maybe girl was pretty spectacular.
Yes! I downloaded Shazam after the first commercial break because I realized I would hear as good, if not better songs, in the commercials. Got a bunch of new music to listen to this week!

Reactions: jcyclonee

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yes, DMX and Ja Rule along with Petey Pablo were such lyricists and visionaries. Kendrick and Chance could never live up to that.

Didn't care for either. My rap artists were Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube, and later guys 50 cent and Eminem. Not telling anyone who to like, just stating that the rap of today just isn't for me. Sorry for my opinion.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Didn't care for either. My rap artists were Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube, and later guys 50 cent and Eminem. Not telling anyone who to like, just stating that the rap of today just isn't for me. Sorry for my opinion.

My point was just that there's **** through every era of every genre.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Honestly, give me the current state of rap over any of those guys, save maybe Eminem.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Do you work at NPR? What you're describing sounds an awful lot like their Tiny Desk concert series. Which is awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: BBHMagic

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Do you work at NPR? What you're describing sounds an awful lot like their Tiny Desk concert series. Which is awesome.

That was at a prior job when I worked for Target. Most bands that had contracts with Target would come in to preform throughout the year or at company meetings as part of their contract.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I seriously stopped for a second and thought if that was true or not, but then remembered his name is actually Peter haha

Sorry, I was talking about his stage name.

Q: How did Bruno Mars come up with his stage name? —Alexander Gribble, Lockport, Ill.

A: Born Peter Gene Hernández, the singer, 27, has explained, “Bruno is after Bruno Sammartino, who was this big, fat wrestler. I was this chunky little baby, so my dad used to call me that as a nickname. Mars came up because a lot of girls say I’m out of this world!” The Hawaiian native’s sophomore album, Unorthodox Jukebox, is available now.

• Informative
Reactions: srjclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron