Post Vandy Meltdown Thread

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
There has been no where near enough time to even attempt to make that jump.

Who am I kidding, you're the type of guy that screams 'FIRE THE COACH!' after every loss, of course you'll leap at every ridiculous conclusion with no actual evidence to back it up. Yeah, Holden and Bowie were emergency last second pickups, but to claim that their lack of production is evidence to a negative career trajectory of guys like Young, Long and Jackson is plainly absurd.
I've never said fire Prohm but if we somehow don't make the tournament then he should be fired. It's disappointing that Young, Long and Jackson don't get a lot of minutes on this team

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Blaming the loss on refs is a loser mentality. Every fan forum has them, us no exception.

No threat of an inside game to allow inside-outside play. We have a good team but Sweet 16 is our ceiling. Sweet 16 I would call a huge successful season. Making the tournament is iffy, but still in our favor.

latest

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The answer is yes. I've thought that all season. There is not a team in this conference capable of making the final 4. Kansas might get to the elite 8, but only because they will have a high seed.

Final Four maybe not, but how do you explain our bottom place team Okie State winning over a 15-5 Arkansas team by 28? Other than OU, I think all of the home teams are winning the matches today. Both Baylor and KU down on the road, too.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Is this conference overrated or what? KSU and OU get obliterated, ISU loses at Vandy, Texas loses to Georgia, TCU off to bad start at home against Auburn, and Baylor losing at Ole Miss. Ouch.

SEC has more to gain. The more motivated teams almost always win games that are somewhat evenly matched.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Prohm had one thing to accomplish this offseason- Land a decent big man, and we were a lock for the tournament and probably a top 20 team.

He missed, so now we're a bubble team.

He was 0-4.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Oh well. At least we get hot chicken in Nashville!

Reactions: jim4

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If we continue our Big 12 pace, this will mean nothing. If we falter, this game wouldn't have saved us.

You can keep telling yourself this but by definition every game is meaningful for a bubble team.

Losing this just makes it a little harder to get in. It doesn't mean we can't get in, but there is a big difference between 18 and 19 wins on selection Sunday.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I think it is absolutely stupid to agree to this made for TV event and have it fall in the middle of a big 12 season

Home teams have the advantage(Florida win aside), its just weird to prep a team to play out of conference in the middle of a conference season.

That is my rant.

Basketball wise, wish they would have pressed them earlier in the 2nd half, then again when you pull up on a 4 on 2 or 3 on 1, after getting a turnover and set up the offense, it kinda kills the goal.

In terms of NCAA, if the trend continues, gonna be numerous 18-20 win teams this year. Not a lot of very good teams

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think it is absolutely stupid to agree to this made for TV event and have it fall in the middle of a big 12 season

Home teams have the advantage(Florida win aside), its just weird to prep a team to play out of conference in the middle of a conference season.

That is my rant.

Basketball wise, wish they would have pressed them earlier in the 2nd half, then again when you pull up on a 4 on 2 or 3 on 1, after getting a turnover and set up the offense, it kinda kills the goal.

In terms of NCAA, if the trend continues, gonna be numerous 18-20 win teams this year. Not a lot of very good teams

Revenue. We benefit from it too.

Regardless we need to be able to win against a 9-11 SEC team on the road IMO.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I thought Vandy hit their threes. Otherwise, we weren't too bad.

That is the problem and identity of this team, so you might as well get used to it. If ISU hits their outside shots, they are really tough, if not, well you get today. Really can't do much about it because there is clearly no big that can post defend and be serviceable on offense. It is either one or the other, and I am not sure there is even anyone offensively serviceable in the post. Maybe Young.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
No, the program was trending in the wrong direction when Fred stopped recruiting for two years. This isn't a trend, it's the result of failures from the past - very, very different things.
It's too bad Prohm didn't have time to bring in some big guys. Oh wait he did. And failed.

• Funny
Reactions: socalcy

Help Support Us

Become a patron