Tonight's game

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
I wish I was as optimistic as 88clone. I have a feeling we will get out rebounded, out shot, and Niang will get into foul trouble. These are the things that happen to this team on the road. Add in the fact that Baylor will go on an absolute offensive tear at some point and make some un-Godly number of threes in a row, we will lose to Baylor again. Their size up front is what is killing us, making a bad match up for us. The lack of defense also adds to the issue.

Yes, I am protecting Deeze Nutz, but this is the MO of this team this year. By this time of the year, teams that could make changes, would have them made already. And it is tough changing a team in mid-flow.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
It seems like there's often some player for Baylor who plays unexpectedly well against us. Hoping they don't have that up their sleeve tonight.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I've seen too many of these games where we start to get momentum and then stub our toe.

I think we lose a close game with about 3-4 chances where we could have won it. HOPE I'm dead wrong.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
My 5 year old son and I are heading down for our 8th road game of the year. Hope we can see our first victory at Baylor ( last 2 years have been frustrating losses)

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I wish I was as optimistic as 88clone. I have a feeling we will get out rebounded, out shot, and Niang will get into foul trouble. These are the things that happen to this team on the road. Add in the fact that Baylor will go on an absolute offensive tear at some point and make some un-Godly number of threes in a row, we will lose to Baylor again. Their size up front is what is killing us, making a bad match up for us. The lack of defense also adds to the issue. Yes, I am protecting Deeze Nutz, but this is the MO of this team this year. By this time of the year, teams that could make changes, would have them made already. And it is tough changing a team in mid-flow.
We are now on a mission. We have our targets. We have our sights loaded. We will prevail. We are ISU.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Hey, I love the response to this..Don't get me wrong, I am trying to be pumped up about it, but every time I think we are about to make the turn.....Right in the Nards!

I hope we can make free throws down the stretch, Niang stays out of foul troube.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
I expect that our kicker will be off sides on a kick off, the tuck rule will be in play and Georges will have 2 fouls in the first two minutes. We are playing Baylor, right????:twitcy:

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
My 5 year old son and I are heading down for our 8th road game of the year. Hope we can see our first victory at Baylor ( last 2 years have been frustrating losses)
Your 8th road game of the year?! What road games haven't you been to? Haha

INCyclone

Jan 17, 2012
Indiana
I predict that this will be an excruciating game to watch win or lose! Only because we as Cyclone fans care so much!

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
Your 8th road game of the year?! What road games haven't you been to? Haha
We didn't make the FL tourney, cincy, UNI, or K State. Living in Dallas and covering the B12 states for work allows us to get to more games than most, and often great seats at a decent price due to half filled arenas ( 3rd row on floor tonight for pretty cheap figuratively)