****Official Class of 2016 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Well if ISU doesn't get a transfer PF/C or a scholarship opens up late in 2016...

Chandler Park Academy (Mich.) 2016 forward Jalen Martin w/26pts,11rebs tonight. Going to Iowa State for football

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Re-watching the signing day video on CyclonesTV, Prohm alluded to "work still needing to be done" in the spring and specifically mentioned getting a big and a possibly a pg. Does that change with Naz coming back and using a scholarship? I wonder if that was in thinking Morris would be gone next year?

I do like the recent tidbits about Babb getting some work on his pg skills during his redshirt. I remember that he played that position some as a high school senior.

[video=youtube;rlKDqutcjho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlKDqutcjho[/video]

Last edited:

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Re-watching the signing day video on CyclonesTV, Prohm alluded to "work still needing to be done" in the spring and specifically mentioned getting a big and a possibly a pg. Does that change with Naz coming back and using a scholarship? I wonder if that was in thinking Morris would be gone next year?

I do like the recent tidbits about Babb getting some working on his pg skills during his redshirt. I remember that he played that position some as a high school senior.

[video=youtube;rlKDqutcjho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlKDqutcjho[/video]
Can't wait for Babb 2.0

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
New 2016 offer:

Per source, Iowa State has offered 2016 SPI big man Cheickna Dembele (per Corey Evans of HoopSeen. Com)

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
New 2016 offer:

Per source, Iowa State has offered 2016 SPI big man Cheickna Dembele (per Corey Evans of HoopSeen. Com)

I can't find anything on this guy. No recruiting profile or anything. Hopefully we found some kinda international diamond in the ruff (assuming he's international cause I can't find anything about him).

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
New 2016 offer:

Must be a late sleeper?

CoreyEvens_10 Breakout of the day? Cheickna Dembele. Unbelievable footwork. Great length. Wants the ball. Counters down low #npsi

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
http://netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/2014-adidas-nations-day-2-recap/

Guess he has played against the likes of Thon Maker.

Got this off a Hoya board from a Dec 2015 post
SPI is a Swedish prep school. Ten of its 12 players are in their first year out of high school graduation. The other two are a junior from Russia, Mark Tihonenko, and a senior from Mali in Africa, Chiekna Demble.

Those two are the players who have drawn the most interest from college coaches. Tihonenko is 6-foot-8 and Demble is 6-10.

Dowling said that Tihonenko's suitors include heavyweights UConn, Iowa State, Baylor, Maryland and Texas. Demble is being looked at by Georgetown, Maryland, Pitt, UConn, LSU, Iowa State and Baylor.

Not a bad collection of schools looking at him.

The kid turns 21 this year.

Last edited:

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

SPI is a Swedish prep school. Ten of its 12 players are in their first year out of high school graduation. The other two are a junior from Russia, Mark Tihonenko, and a senior from Mali in Africa, Chiekna Demble.

Those two are the players who have drawn the most interest from college coaches. Tihonenko is 6-foot-8 and Demble is 6-10.

Dowling said that Tihonenko's suitors include heavyweights UConn, Iowa State, Baylor, Maryland and Texas. Demble is being looked at by Georgetown, Maryland, Pitt, UConn, LSU, Iowa State and Baylor.

I'm convinced. Sign 'em up!

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

Who is Dowling?

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006

In the player rankings from that event (which had some serious talent), he was #14. That was ahead of Brandon Ingram (Duke) and Kobi Simmons (Arizona), both of whom were top 20 players in their classes. So that's promising...

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
if the staff is offering 2016 kids still they're anticipating someone leaving.

any guesses?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 9.11.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 9.11.40 PM.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,188

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron