TCU Gameday Details in Fort Worth

DFWCyclone

Jan 6, 2014
McKinney, TX
www.dfwcyclones.org
Here are the details for the pre-game gathering prior to the ISU game at TCU on Saturday.

We will be meeting at Coopers Old Time Pit BBQ near the Ft Worth Stockyards starting at 11AM before the game. This is the same location we were at last year. The folks at Coopers are excited to have us back and have assured me that they are ready to serve as many meat loving Iowans as we can throw at them. We exceeded their expectations last year and they have vowed not to let that occur again, there will be PLENTY of pork.

We have coordinated with Iowa State Assistant Coach Daniyal Robinson to meet us for a little pregame pep talk. Robinson will spend a short time going over some of the team's plans and strategy for TCU as well as getting everyone fired up and ready to bring the noise come gametime. While we don't have a firm time yet, I expect he will arrive sometime around 12PM and should be around for about 30 minutes before we have to get him back to the arena for pregame preparations. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity to have a Cyclone coach at our event, this will truly be an honor, let's make sure he has plenty of people to greet him.

Coopers has a large heated and covered patio that we have reserved. They have a walk-thru line for getting your food so there will be no checks to wait for or anything that will delay our departure. While 11:00 AM may seem a bit early, we wanted to give everyone plenty of time to eat, have a couple of beers and hang out with fellow Cyclone fans. Feel free to show up anytime that is convenient for you but please know that we will start migrating to the basketball complex around 2PM or thereabouts so don't wait too long.

We will have plenty of Cyclone posters and will be giving away a ball signed by the majority of the 2015-16 Cyclone basketball team as well as some other items.

Coopers Old Time Pit BBQ
301 Stockyards Blvd
Ft Worth, TX
817-626-6464
coopersbbqfortworth.com

Tipoff for the game itself is set for 3PM at the newly renovated Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena

Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena

2900 Stadium Dr,

Fort Worth, TX 76129

Hope to see you at either the game of the pre-game. Please wear your cardinal colored ISU gear so we can make a statement. We will probably have more fans than TCU once again.​

GoodyISU1

Jul 15, 2014
What's the parking situation like at the arena? I went to this game a few years ago, but parked in the handicap section as I was recovering from ankle surgery.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Is this game at the new arena? The old HS gym they were playing in before is out of the picture?

Edit: never mind, just looked it up myself. The renovation looks really nice.

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
What's the parking situation like at the arena? I went to this game a few years ago, but parked in the handicap section as I was recovering from ankle surgery.

http://www.gofrogs.com/gameday/bbparking.html

It looks like there is general parking on the north side of the football stadium. The Bob Lilly Lot (formerly Lot 3) and Lot 4 are general parking. I would guess that they won't be very full as long as you don't wait until the last minute to show up.

I've had a cold this week but I think I am well enough to make it. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at Cooper's and going to the game!

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Nice Job Barry! Keep up the great work! See you tomorrow!

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Looking for 3 tickets, cheap as possible. I can buy them on StubHub for about $30 each after fees.

Anyone have 3 they are looking to get rid of for less?

For anyone that has ever been to a TCU basketball game before, will there be scalpers outside? I'll probably just end up biting the bullet and ordering from StubHub in a few hours.

McKinney

Feb 1, 2012
McKinney, TX
Looking for 3 tickets, cheap as possible. I can buy them on StubHub for about $30 each after fees.

Anyone have 3 they are looking to get rid of for less?

For anyone that has ever been to a TCU basketball game before, will there be scalpers outside? I'll probably just end up biting the bullet and ordering from StubHub in a few hours.

I've been a few times, and I've never seen scalpers at a TCU game. Realistically, if you don't mind potential embarrassment from getting kicked out of your seats, just buy the cheapest tickets you can and then move down to unfilled seats.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
72 million for renovation!! And only 7 thousand seats?
TCU can shake free money we could only dream of.

From the interviews and preview on Cyclone.TV, they did a great job of having the fans (or empty seats) right "on top" of the players, particularly for it being one of those horrible circular arenas.