Recruit Lists v2.0

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
What's up with kostas recruitment? We were his first offer and he only has one other offer from Memphis. Kids got two older brothers that made NBA and his 3rd brother is a pro soccer player in Nigeria. Has he not impressed on AAU circuit? Just figured hed have more offers. Glad we were his first offer, hopefully a long relationship will benefit us like malou.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
What's up with kostas recruitment? We were his first offer and he only has one other offer from Memphis. Kids got two older brothers that made NBA and his 3rd brother is a pro soccer player in Nigeria. Has he not impressed on AAU circuit? Just figured hed have more offers. Glad we were his first offer, hopefully a long relationship will benefit us like malou.

I feel like Kostas is either a late bloomer or a project. The good programs will keep an eye on him, and maybe throw an offer his way in the spring. Just a thought.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I feel like Kostas is either a late bloomer or a project. The good programs will keep an eye on him, and maybe throw an offer his way in the spring. Just a thought.

Agreed. I haven't seen much to indicate that we're even still recruiting him. Since the initial reports that TJ offered back in April/May, there hasn't been much on him. Sort of weird considering his length and perimeter game.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Agreed. I haven't seen much to indicate that we're even still recruiting him. Since the initial reports that TJ offered back in April/May, there hasn't been much on him. Sort of weird considering his length and perimeter game.

And genetics. Talk about a family of athletes.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Seriously WTF. ****. (Arlando Cook)

@_____ballxbooks: No alphabetical order

Nevada
OSU
Arkansas
Mizzou
Memphis

One of these days I want a recruit to cut his list and be like: "This is my list and if you're on the top I like you the most and if you're on the bottom I still like you but you have some work to do."

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
At least Romello White choosing GTech, Arlando Cook cutting us and committing soon, Amir Coffey choosing today and Eric Curry choosing this week sometime gives the staff an opportunity to move on to new recruits rather than being left hanging this spring.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
Curry and Coffey both go to Minnesota. ISU gets Long and waits for a transfer and another recruit (HS or JUCO) in the spring. Cook goes to Arkansas. MARK IT DOWN!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Curry and Coffey both go to Minnesota. ISU gets Long and waits for a transfer and another recruit (HS or JUCO) in the spring. Cook goes to Arkansas. MARK IT DOWN!

This is my guess too.

Filling 4 of the 6 spots is a pretty good start. I want us to continue pushing the "Transfer U" thing anyway. We'll have a better idea of what our true needs are after we see guys like Carter, Ernst, Burton, Cooke in action. Plus we'll find out Monte's status.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
We have a good class so far, and there will still be transfers to be had later.

As for Malou, yes he's a SF, but that doesn't mean he doesn't play the 4 here. Small and fast paced is very likely.

A couple guys have said Malou is a SF, not that it really matters, but he's listed at 6'9 210. And when I watch his videos he's got a tough, violent presence around the basket that even a lot of true PF don't have around the rim. Maybe you can call him a post swingman, but I think he's going to have at least as much true post game as Niang and McKay have, on both ends of the floor.

If one guy in this class fits what our squad and style needs going forward -- I cannot imagine a better fit than Malou. He's got the size and style to play fast on offense and also play the half court with an imposing presence. Position doesn't really matter, I'm excited to have a big man with his skill set.

CLONER99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2015
Call Malou whatever you want. He will be a rim protector on D and a multi-dimensional scorer on O.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Amir Coffey has presser in Hopkins at 3:30. Strib this morning is mentioning Gophers, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Baylor, Arizona and Texas. Says he cancelled weekend Texas trip.

Just an interesting sidebar since it isn't us but still a midwest recruit we were in on. Good kid, good player, good HS, good family. Someone's getting a recruiting win.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
ahhh I see. I probably should have figured that out. hopefully we can get a midyear or 5th yr assuming 5th is still immediately eligible. Seems we need another big and backup PG if monte leaves.

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
Does anyone think that there is a chance that Curry could be a cyclone?