we know TCU has 37 real fans

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Just a 7 point Big 12 game....stands are COMPLETELY EMPTY!!!

Why the need to expand a stadium that's empty when you're ranked #15?

When they are ahead do the fans stay?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Just a 7 point Big 12 game....stands are COMPLETELY EMPTY!!!

Why the need to expand a stadium that's empty when you're ranked #15?

When they are ahead do the fans stay?

I was thinking the same thing - didn't they spen a lot of money renovating their stadium? The end zones are empty....

on the other hand, their women dress to the 9's for games.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
They said in the pregame they paid cash for it. If you have it might as well spend it.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Fall break for TCU students is Monday and Tuesday so many are out of town. That may be only a few thousand fans but it makes a huge difference.

We're going to be a hard draw for a small fanbase that relies on walkups to fill out the stadium.

I believe the Texas state fair is also going on right now.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They don't, and will never, need capacity for our game. Much like baylor they have the capacity to capitalize on when UT, TTU, OU, OSU, and Baylor fans (to varying degrees) come and add a ton of fans to their stadium. Theyre more than happy to take money from longhorn (and other) fans.

One of the biggest downsides of being on an outpost like we are now is that other than for a few games, we have to rely on our fans, and our fans alone, to fill our stadium.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Understand....their stadium capacity is approximately equal to the number of living alumni they have in total. They're smaller than UNI by like 4k students. I'm thinking 7K undergrads if I recall correctly. We need to turn that place into JTS south in a few years. Bus trip!!!!!

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
They don't, and will never, need capacity for our game. Much like baylor they have the capacity to capitalize on when UT, TTU, OU, OSU, and Baylor fans (to varying degrees) come and add a ton of fans to their stadium. Theyre more than happy to take money from longhorn (and other) fans.

One of the biggest downsides of being on an outpost like we are now is that other than for a few games, we have to rely on our fans, and our fans alone, to fill our stadium.
And filling it we are. Pathetic for tcu's first game in big time football since 1995.

Help Support Us

Become a patron