Mongolian Grill in Ames?

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
The sign has been up for 2-3 years on South Duff and US Hwy 30 about a new Mongolian Grill...

When is it coming?

Is it coming??

TravelingCY

Apr 14, 2006
Omaha
Last I heard, they had problems finalizing their funding, so backed out. Unforunately, it doesn't look good.

Darn shame...I was looking forward to that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I just assumed it was for making teeth grills for Asian people, I guess I was way off....
permanent-gold-teeth.jpg

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa
I LOVE Hu Hot. It's too bad there isn't one in the entire state of Indiana OR Illinois. What's up with that?

Sounds like an opportunity to me. :wink:

One just opened up in Cedar Rapids a couple months back. I have not been there yet though.

I actually have...I get the Facebook updates and happened to be going that direction a couple weeks after it opened...insanely busy when I was there.

My office if about a 3 minute drive from the one in W DSM...love it. And actually, we started doing "Hu Hot" style cooking at home now every so often.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Huh, I didn't realize this was a regional chain. It's slick enough (and cheesy enough, and high-priced enough) that I thought it was national.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Huh, I didn't realize this was a regional chain. It's slick enough (and cheesy enough, and high-priced enough) that I thought it was national.

meh like most other national chains they just deserve a meh. over priced as usually and just okay

texaskrieger

Aug 7, 2006
Hu Hot and Mongolian Grill are pretty much the same thing. I live in Houston... Mongolian Grill is probably Top 5 places to eat, You make your own bowl and the price is reasonable.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Genghis Grill > HuHot IMO

Genghis has big pieces of fresh meat where as HuHot has frozen pieces of thinly sliced meat that shrivel up when they cook them...

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I've been saying it all along, they'd be foolish NOT to open up a HuHot in Ames. That place would make a killing with its proximity to a major university population.