Matt Thomas - tying bucket / and-one (Spain)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Yeah, this isn't as exciting to most of CF as getting Coach Campbell's guys into the Top 25 but I'm itching for some hoops news and this one is kind of entertaining. I'll have to dig up some news on Melvin, Chris, The Thrill etc. at some point but I get news on Matt Thomas' Monbus Obradoiro team on Facebook so it's easy to know what's going on.

The Iceman's Obradoiro team crushed last-place Burgos (but, to be fair, that city has a lovely cathedral) 94-69, to go to 3-2 in the Spanish league. They jumped out to a 29-6 lead in the first quarter and seem to have coasted since the starters' minutes were limited. Matty Ice had 2 3's and 13 points in the first quarter and finished with 20 on 8 OF 9 SHOOTING FROM THE FIELD. The guy's shooting is unbelievable and if he keeps this up, he'll either end up in the NBA or with a contract from a "bigger" European club.

Link to box score (Drake's Ben Simons had 7 pts): http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/Spain/2017/1021_1348_1162.a

If you have any more interest, I'll post some other info about the game below.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
"Don't be ehstoopeed. Geev da bahl to Maht Toe-mahs, ehbery time. Hee weell choot eet." (I'm taking some dramatic license here; that's not a direct quote).

DMvsB87W4AAiS_Q.jpg

Reactions: k123 and dosry5

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This was from this weekend's game - a 62-60 win over UCAM Murcia. In a tight game with a minute to go, who ya gonna call - Iceman for the and-one:

Matt was the leading scorer with 17 in the game (this was his first bucket of the 2nd half). He's leading the team with a 16 ppg average.