***Official Herbstreit Hate Thread***

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Enjoy it! Think about the fact that Iowa State is even being talked about on that national level! The exposure is great! They recognize that something special is happening in Ames in a very short period of time.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
You may begin.
OK .... I do not like him!
He is part of the reason it is difficult to turn a program around. People like him, and the entire system are working to always support the “haves” at the expense of the lesser successful programs. He knows nothing about our facilities, fans or level of support. It is easier just to spew, and believe, the old garbage about ISU - can’t win, stepping stone, coaches graveyard yada yada. I have no idea whether Campbell will have one more year, 10 more or retire from ISU, but I do really believe he sees ISU for what it can be, not what it isn’t. We have everything we need to be successful except tradition. Yes, recruiting can be challenging, but can be overcome. Tradition can change but takes time. People like Herby make changing it more difficult as they say things like he has just done. That is why I do not like him.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
He has really good gringo hair and a desirable telecharismatic look that works in all the demographic focus groups targeted. Pretty good wardrobe and screen presence. Non-regional dialect.....very Ohio. He is the proto-typical metro robotic sports announcer....which I can see makes him likeable or very unlikeable depending.
I guess I like him. A positive is that he never appeared on the TV show The Bachelor. He is usually honest....I mean, what have we done to deserve respect??? We are earning it now.....I'll own that.
What strikes me about him is almost how jaded he can be.....but he is usually right...you can hype and promote the big game day matches....but, really, you know at the end of the day Alabama, his Ohio State, Auburn, and the other semi-professional teams are going to win and there really isn't much to get excited about. He sees that reality. I like people who see reality. Would I have a beer with him????? sure.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
This is the guy on the GameDay show that not only picked TTU to win, but also acted like a jerk to the PSU guest picker who called for us to win, right?
That's funny. I'm guessing he pulled this opinion right out of his ass and doesn't really have a basis in fact for it whatsoever.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
Here is what I understand: We want our biases to be confirmed. We all here about Ohio State, Bama, etc and how great they are, so over time, people just assume these programs deserve and will get the best.

Despite that, there are coaches that stay at a place and do wonderful things. What makes Manhattan, Kansas so great? Nothing, but a coach wanted to stay there and build a program and now we don't hear about KSU being a stepping stone. Same with Iowa. Love him or hate him, KF took over a bad Iowa program and now they usually have consistently over .500 seasons with some great seasons mixed in. Keep in mind KF took his name out of consideration for other jobs, including the NFL.

Why wouldn't someone plain be happy in Ames and want to build this program the same as any other program? Like a previous post says, CMC may leave after this year, or may retire here, but this place isn't any different than Manhattan or IC, they just haven't had enough to success to warrant not being a stepping stone. A few more years like this and Herbstreit will be talking about what a great place Ames is and what a solid program has turned into.

Most don't have the ability to think outside of their biases and that is all he is doing.

As long as CMC is here, we will support him and this team and hope he sticks around for years to come.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
This is the guy on the GameDay show that not only picked TTU to win, but also acted like a jerk to the PSU guest picker who called for us to win, right?
That's funny. I'm guessing he pulled this opinion right out of his ass and doesn't really have a basis in fact for it whatsoever.

Yup, saw him laughing and making fun of the guest picker for picking ISU to win. Said something to the effect of "I don't think we've had anyone ever pick Iowa State." Made our win sweeter.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Read an interesting article in the 'United Airlines' magazine which all makes a ton of sense. He's only trying to save his own arse. ESPN is so strapped, and their audience is now so dumbed down, that 'sensationalism' and 'controversy' are their new mantra. "reasonable' journalism is being thrown out and replaced with brow raising statements.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Read an interesting article in the 'United Airlines' magazine which all makes a ton of sense. He's only trying to save his own arse. ESPN is so strapped, and their audience is now so dumbed down, that 'sensationalism' and 'controversy' are their new mantra. "reasonable' journalism is being thrown out and replaced with brow raising statements.

This is our world now.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
tenor.gif

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
You think these sentiments are exclusive to MSESPN?? This pretty much describes media in general.